Changing measurements from inches to metric

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
theslaz
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO

Changing measurements from inches to metric

Post by theslaz »

Working on an existing project that was designed in metric. Today, I'm trying to set the parameters for a new pocket toolpath. The "pocket toolpath" panel shows the Cutting depths in inches. How do I change it back to metric? I went into the job setup, and all my measurements were in inches. I changed it to metric, however, that did not change it to metric in the Pocket Toolpath panel. Using Cut2d on a PC. It can be noted, that I leave my PC on 24/7. This AM, I noticed that it had rebooted last night and I had to sign in. I did that and opened Cut2d only to find that all my measurements were in inches. I want metric. Thanks in advance.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Changing measurements from inches to metric

Post by Adrian »

You can mix and match measurements as much as you like. The post processor will convert them all to one standard which should match whatever your machine is set to.

The only way I can replicate what you're seeing is by keeping the pocket toolpath open while I do the switch of units in Job Setup but as soon as I close and re-open the toolpath form it goes to the correct units with the value converted (i.e 6" to 152.4mm).

I've never heard of an existing project changing values on it's own either. The units are stored as part of the file so no matter what happens to settings globally there should be no change.

What version of Cut2D are you using?