Using cut2d with 3018 prover v2

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
kcormier
Model of CNC Machine: 3018 prover v2

Using cut2d with 3018 prover v2

Post by kcormier »

I am trying to use cut2d with my prover v2....but alarms keep going off when I try to start my project....I also use easel..and I do not have any trouble. In cut2d I export the Toolpath and then load it onto my offline controller...same as I do in easel

Wondering if anyone else has the same setup..perhaps I can get one of your files...to check out the difference in settings etc.

looking for any help I can get to solve this problem...I just bout cut2d 3 days ago...will I regret my decision...

thanks

Ken

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Using cut2d with 3018 prover v2

Post by Adrian »

Are you using the correct post processor for the machine when saving the toolpaths? Are there any messages with the alarms? What are they saying?

Quite a few of those types of machines will only work with metric cut files so make sure that you are using a metric post processor.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

This page at Genmitsu seems to have a “whacking great” amount of good information. Including grbl erro codes. You can also glean from that you’d be using a grbl post-processor (I would expect Cut2D to support that).

Blowfish317
Model of CNC Machine: Sainsmart Prover 3018

Post by Blowfish317 »

I have been having issue w my prover after I changed to ver 11.5.
My problems are z axis hitting limit switch when I send g codes & cutting too deep.
I am trying diff ways to fix & z axis is cleared when I changed the spindle to a newer 52mm spindle.
I still have to figure out cutting deep issues.
I love cut2d bcz I own it & can run wo internet.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Blowfish317 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:42 am
I have been having issue w my prover after I changed to ver 11.5.
My problems are z axis hitting limit switch when I send g codes & cutting too deep.
I am trying diff ways to fix & z axis is cleared when I changed the spindle to a newer 52mm spindle.
I still have to figure out cutting deep issues.
I love cut2d bcz I own it & can run wo internet.
If this has only started happening since you installed V11.5 then check these settings. If the z gap above material is set to high then the machine will top out on the z axis, this will also lead to the machine cutting to deeply as you have altered your z zero position :lol: :lol:
setup1.jpg