Vectric/PP or Mach3 settings?

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
NCSWIC23
Model of CNC Machine: DIY Build Sainsmart USB Controller

Vectric/PP or Mach3 settings?

Post by NCSWIC23 »

Need help here ladies and gents. Not one to reach out for help, but I've run into the end of my skill set.

My dilemma is, what I imagine, a culmination of Vectric PPs and Mach3 settings in a home built machine utilizing what I believe to be Gemitsu USB purchased on Amazon as a motor and controller kit.

After following what minimal instructions were included, everything appears to function.

My problem is when I run any job, the tool will run a few patterns stepping down after 2 or 3 passes and then the tool begins to pull up progressively after each subsequent pass. Another issue I've seen is that the machine loses it's Z home and that keep gravitating towards the Z home at the top of stroke. X & Y(A) are functioning perfectly btw.

I've changed so many things in M3 and with post processors, I'm unsure where to put the turnicate and start over.

Anyone have any thoughts on where to start? Thinking of buying a new control board just to have setup documentation.

Thanks
J

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Vectric/PP or Mach3 settings?

Post by Adrian »

This might complicate things even further but I thought that setup was usually GRBL based?

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Scott T

@scottscnc

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

+1 on what Adrian has said, when I read the post my first thought was that mach3 probably isn't the correct control software for the motion controller you are using :lol: :lol:

Jimcad
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Alpha CNC 6090 with 4th Axis

Post by Jimcad »

My first thought: Do you have a heavy spindle on your Z axis? but thinking about that it would get closer to the bed i t failed to lift it correctly. Is there a GRBL setting for the stepper motors that works like a clutch ? just something in the back of my mind.
Good luck.

Jimcad
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Alpha CNC 6090 with 4th Axis

Post by Jimcad »

If you switch off the power can you turn the Z leadscrew / ballscrew all the way up and down easily by hand?
If the power is on does it hold the Z axis in place so you can't turn the leadscrew / ballscrew?

NCSWIC23

Post by NCSWIC23 »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:50 pm
This might complicate things even further but I thought that setup was usually GRBL based?

Hi Adrian, thanks for getting back to me, and yes I believe you're correct. Would I just use the generic GRBL post processor then?

NCSWIC23

Post by NCSWIC23 »

scotttarnor wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:54 pm
Have you looked here?
https://docs.sainsmart.com/article/3jgt ... -resources
My kit just came with the motors, stepper drivers and control board. I didn't buy the entire kit. The rest is built with Baltic birch and linear guid rails and belt drive.

NCSWIC23

Post by NCSWIC23 »

Jimcad wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:36 pm
My first thought: Do you have a heavy spindle on your Z axis? but thinking about that it would get closer to the bed i t failed to lift it correctly. Is there a GRBL setting for the stepper motors that works like a clutch ? just something in the back of my mind.
Good luck.
Thanks for the reply Jim. With M3, I think it's all GBRL.