Cut2D Templates & Font Questions

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Cblaase
Model of CNC Machine: Roland/Scott Machine Corp SRM-20

Cut2D Templates & Font Questions

Post by Cblaase »

Hello All! I recently purchased a Roland/Scott Machine Corp. SRM-20 commercial grade rotary engraving machine, I am starting a small business engraving plastic name tags, desk name plats and small signage. My machine came with a license for Cut2D Desktop. I also have a Genmitsu 3018-PROVer CNC router which came with a different software, so I know a little bit about CNC, however I am still learning Cut2D and I have a couple questions...

First, could anyone tell me how to set up a template that would allow me to run multiple different engraving jobs at the same time? I would like to be able to run up to 12 1x3 inch name tags at a time if possible. Thus far I have only been able to figure out how to run one tag at a time.

Second, how do I change font sizes to have more than one in the same job? Whenever I try to introduce an additional font size (usually smaller than the one I used first) everything converts to the smaller size.

Thank you all in advance!

Chris Blaase
Hagerstown IN USA
nv9z.blazingengraving@gmail.com

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Cut2D Templates & Font Questions

Post by adze_cnc »

Here's a link to the online help for the various products including links to older versions that the current 11.5.

You might want to read up on "Plate Production". This link is for v11,.5 but you can find the same thing on the previous links for older versions.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Second, how do I change font sizes to have more than one in the same job? Whenever I try to introduce an additional font size (usually smaller than the one I used first) everything converts to the smaller size.
Use multiple text boxes.

You can only have one font size in a text box, but you can have multiple text boxes, each with its own font size.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Cblaase
Model of CNC Machine: Roland/Scott Machine Corp SRM-20

Post by Cblaase »

Thank you!