Toolpath Creation Error

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Ken Alexander`
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu CNC Router 3018-MX3

Toolpath Creation Error

Post by Ken Alexander` »

Hi Group,

I'm creating a toolpath to cut out a part from 3mm carbon fiber after drilling, counterboring and cutting some other pieces out. All I want to do is cut out the part from the carbon fiber sheet I started with but I get the error:

No toolpath generated for current parameters.
Check tool can fit into selected vectors at machining depth.

First off, I don't know what the message means. There's nothing unusual about the toolpath. I've created similar paths before for other projects without problems. I'm cutting the part out with a 1.8mm endmill and the sharpest radius corner is 4mm, making 0.5mm cuts at 15mm/min. Nothing challenging.

Can anybody translate the error message so I know what to look for? I've made cuts exactly like this for the last several days, so I don't understand why it won't work now.

I'd be grateful for any guidance!

Ken Alexander
So Phisai, Thailand

Jimcad
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Alpha CNC 6090 with 4th Axis

Re: Toolpath Creation Error

Post by Jimcad »

Just a thought . . . . . .Zoom in on all of your vectors. Make sure something hasn't gone wrong in a corner. It sounds like it can't calculate a toolpath because there isn't enough room.
Double check your tool settings. It may be called a 1.8mm endmill but if you missed the decimal in the setup it may think it's 18mm or something along those lines.
Have you given the length of the flutes? Are they long enough?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Toolpath Creation Error

Post by Adrian »

Use the Vector Validator to see if that returns anything. It's nearly always an error in the vector itself if you're getting that message on a simple profile toolpath. It can be a very tiny loop, a couple of nodes on top of each other or a crossover as a few examples.

If you can't find the issue it would be best if you attached the file then someone here will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.