Hitting Upper Z Limit Switch

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Vmastros
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu 3018

Hitting Upper Z Limit Switch

Post by Vmastros »

:D My setup is:
Sainsmart 3018 (no comments please)
Vectric 2d Cut Desktop 11.016
Candle 1.1.7
I downloaded a Nativity Scene file from Vectric (I think). Since it is too big for my machine I scaled it down to a proper size. I deleted the toolpaths and made and saved new ones to match my setup. I load the toolpaths in Candle, everything looks correct. I set the X,Y and Z zeros. When I hit send, the Z goes up and hits the limit switch and it all stops. The Safe Z in Vectric is set at 0.2. I have run other files I generated from scratch with no issues.

I'm thinking there is something in the file I downloaded causing the issue but I don't know what to look for. Does anyone care to guess what the problem may be? Thanks for your help.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Hitting Upper Z Limit Switch

Post by Adrian »

Check what the Z gap above Material is set to. It's on the same form as the Safe Z at the bottom. The machine will move to that position at the start and end of each job.

If your machine has, for example, 2" of travel, you have a 1" piece of material to cut and the gap is set to 1.5" then you're going to hit the stop.

Vmastros
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu 3018

Re: Hitting Upper Z Limit Switch

Post by Vmastros »

Adrian, thank you for solving my issue. I knew the adjustment that needed to be made, I just didn't know how to access it. It is odd that you must use the toolpath material setup screen. One would think the material setup under file operations would have the same options. :D