print layot 6.0 to Wegstr cnc

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: print layot 6.0 to Wegstr cnc

Post by Adrian »

I don't use that software so I don't know what the alternatives would be for PCB layout. Your original files were fine it's just the relationship between vectors and toolpaths that you seem to be struggling with so I don't think that software is your issue.

Dande
Model of CNC Machine: Wegstr

Post by Dande »

OK
I need to make 2 DXF prog one for the print tracks and one for drill holes.

But then how do I get these two together in Cut2D Desktop.
I can't figure that out myself looking at your PCB.crv from Wed May 18, 2022 12:53 pm

I can't handle this software at all. With the help of some screenshots I would understand it all better.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Import your track dxf and then put all those vectors onto a layer called Tracks for example. Then import the drill dxf and put all those vectors on to a layer called Holes for example.

You can then associate the toolpath for the tracks with the Tracks layer and the drilling toolpath with the Holes layer. That's what I did in the other file.

If using layers is something new to you then there are some tutorials you should watch.

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... ayer-guide
https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... tors-guide

Dande
Model of CNC Machine: Wegstr

Post by Dande »

With a bit of searching I managed to import.
Finally....
When creating Toolpath
"group where possible" check or uncheck ?
Then what happens when it is checked???

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

If you have two toolpaths, for example "drill" and "profile", that use the same cutter then "group where possible" will combine those two toolpaths into 1 file instead of saving them as 2 separate files. This could be good as it means you only need to send 1 file to your cnc machine.

There is a slight problem with this though, Let's pretend that the "drill" toolpath bit rotational speed is set to 8000 revolutions per minute (RPM) and the "profile" toolpath bit rotational speed is set to 14000 rpm. Many post processors, as written, when combining the two toolpaths into one file will not honour the second speed change. That is both the drill and profile toolpath will run at 8000 rpm. This is easily fixed though by editing the post processor and adding a line or two of text.