Break lines into multiple

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
jfournier
Model of CNC Machine: FoxAlien 4040-XE

Break lines into multiple

Post by jfournier »

I've used Trace Bitmap, which worked great to generate vectors, but I need to split some of the generated lines into pieces to do my cuts.
Is there some way to split a single multi-line apart? I can visually break them up in node edit mode, but the software still treats both pieces as a single object, and I want to toolpath on just one part of the line...

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Break lines into multiple

Post by FixitMike »

jfournier wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 pm
I've used Trace Bitmap, which worked great to generate vectors, but I need to split some of the generated lines into pieces to do my cuts.
Is there some way to split a single multi-line apart? I can visually break them up in node edit mode, but the software still treats both pieces as a single object, and I want to toolpath on just one part of the line...
I'm assuming that by "multi-line trace" you are talking about the parallel vectors that result for each side of a line that is traced. They will be closed vectors, and have to be cut in two places to obtain a separate vector.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

jfournier wrote:
Is there some way to split a single multi-line apart? I can visually break them up in node edit mode, [bold]but the software still treats both pieces as a single object[/bold], and I want to toolpath on just one part of the line...
I am not sure what you mean by this. The software is what? Vcarve toolpath? What is both pieces? What do you consider "the software"?

The short answer to your question is no. I would need a lot more details of what you are trying to achieve to be able to help. Node edit is the best tool to editing nodes.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

jfournier wrote:
I can visually break them up in node edit mode, but the software still treats both pieces as a single object
This suggests that both newly split lines are grouped together.