Edit Text shortcut? Maybe asked and answered..

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
gfacer

Edit Text shortcut? Maybe asked and answered..

Post by gfacer »

I've got a new hire starting tomorrow so I was putting together some tutorials and such (and then bought a whole course from learnyourcnc.com as it seemed better than me throwing videos together).....and even browsing through the videos I am reminded that I don't know all the tricks as well as I could.

Case in point (and from the guy that made the course), I didn't know you could click on a vector and press "E" to edit it.

But, it seems this and another space bar trick don't work with Text. It would be really nice to have a shortcut to bring up the text edit box.

Is there anyway to do that? Did V11 add it (I'm still on 10.5)? When I need to label parts it's something I miss and I label less parts without a way to do it quicker. I didn't know about the E key, but it doesn't work, nor is there a context menu entry for editing the text.

I just checked, and I guess having the text box open and clicking shift + an existing text box will allow me to edit quickly. A shortcut would be better for a quick 1 off edit but the shift click at least helps with labeling a bunch of parts.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Edit Text shortcut? Maybe asked and answered..

Post by gkas »

gfacer wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:03 am
Case in point (and from the guy that made the course), I didn't know you could click on a vector and press "E" to edit it.

But, it seems this and another space bar trick don't work with Text. It would be really nice to have a shortcut to bring up the text edit box.

Is there anyway to do that? Did V11 add it (I'm still on 10.5)? When I need to label parts it's something I miss and I label less parts without a way to do it quicker. I didn't know about the E key, but it doesn't work, nor is there a context menu entry for editing the text.

I just checked, and I guess having the text box open and clicking shift + an existing text box will allow me to edit quickly. A shortcut would be better for a quick 1 off edit but the shift click at least helps with labeling a bunch of parts.
You can't edit at this point, because the 'text' is 'text type' and not vectors. They need to be converted to vectors before they can be edited.