Search for text?

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
gfacer

Search for text?

Post by gfacer »

I'm just throwing this out there as a question or feature request. I have a huge drawing file that I have been using for Covid sheilds in plexi. Different customers and different styles, but often one is just a variation of another so I ended up with a few weeks or months worth of drawings on one file, cut on the sheet, slide over 50" and repeat.

Anyways, its not ideal for a lot of jobs but it is great for lumping odd cuts together for better yield. And, I can label the parts (with visible text, not as a labeled layer)

What I can't do, and would love to be able to do, is search for text in the label.

I anyone knows how to do this I would be grateful to know how. If Vectric folks want to add that ability, I would be grateful to use later!

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: Search for text?

Post by ohiolyons »

No know way to search text.

If you want to submit a feature request you need to send it to support@vectric.com.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Search for text?

Post by Adrian »

I do a very similar thing but rather than having them all in one file I save each design as a separate file (which then gives me lots of naming options) and I set up a folder containing them in the Clipart tab.

Now when I need to cut some I load the previous cut job, create a boundary vector from the remaining material and previous cuts, drag and drop the designs I need from the Clipart tab, nest, click Recalculate All for the toolpaths and I'm good to go.