adding a curve to a circle

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
john@pattinson.co.nz
Model of CNC Machine: stylecnc 6090 desktop

adding a curve to a circle

Post by john@pattinson.co.nz »

Anyone had this problem, I am trying to make a pocket for a spanner tray, most of the time all goes well, I create a circle and two lines for the handle, the lines are stopped just short of the circle and then I want to create a curve from the line to the circle, both the line and the circle have a guide line where I want to connect both, making a web between them.
As I said most if the time all goes well but sometimes I cannot get the line for the web to connect to the circle unless I focus in to the max, which is a bit of a pain.
I've tried restarting the program, rebooting the computer, even rebooting the wife ( that doesn't work either and the food tastes a bit strange for a while) posting.php?mode=post&f=18#

Any suggestions
John

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: adding a curve to a circle

Post by FixitMike »

1. Draw the lines to cross the circle.
2. Use the trim tool (With the rejoin box checked). Trim away the circle between the lines
3. Trim lines beyond where they cross the circle.
4. Use the fillet tool to add the desired curves.
Circle curve.png
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: adding a curve to a circle

Post by Mark »

Hello John,

Another method would be to draw rectangles that overlap the circles, select all of the vectors and then use the 'Weld Selected Vectors' tool to create the shapes. On the current version of the software, the intersections could also be filleted if this is desired.

Cheers,

Mark.
Attachments
Weld2.png
Filleted.png