I need help please

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
tornavi
Model of CNC Machine: MAQUINA CNC ALPHA TIPO 2 USB

I need help please

Post by tornavi »

Hello, I have a small problem, I have Cut2D Desktop with which I make the designs, in order to add some 3D design I use the V3M file files using the Design & Make Machinist application, surely as this application is in English and I don't know anything about I will not use this language correctly because when I work on the wood, the cutter moves from the piece zero point to the milling start point, skimming and marking on the piece of wood to be worked, I give you some photos so that See what I mean, could you help me not to make this happen? I would be very grateful.
Attachments
IMG_20210314_134357.jpg
IMG_20210314_134413.jpg

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: I need help please

Post by TReischl »

You are probably not getting your Z zero height set correctly.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

PRO4824
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO4824

Post by PRO4824 »

You need to raise your safe z height.
"Rapid Z gaps above material"
Attachments
1.png
Isaiah 41-10

tornavi

Post by tornavi »

Hello, I am looking at the image you send me, PRO4824, that image is from the ASPIRE, right? is that in Cut2D DesKtop, which is the program that I have, the option of "Fast Z gaps on the material" does not appear, I imagine that being a cheaper version than ASPIRE brings fewer options, in any case thank you very much for your answer .

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

What is the thickness of material that the V3M file uses in Design & Make Machinist (DMM)?

I think that the material thickness specified in DMM to be thinner than the material thickness specified in Cut2D. For example: if the material is set at 12mm in DMM and the cutter moves 8mm above the material and you've specified a material thickness of 20mm in Cut2D then you'd see this sort of artefact.

Steven

tornavi

Post by tornavi »

Hi, this is just to clarify my query, I already found where I was wrong. As I mentioned at the beginning, I have the Cut2D Desktop and to include 3D models I do it through Design & Make Machinist, this application is in English and I don't know any English (I spoke French as a child, a long time ago ...) The fact is that I discovered that I made a mistake when using it, I put a couple of photos to indicate where I was wrong, now when I see it, I recognize that it is a beginner's mistake, hehe, something is learned every day, thanks for your comments.
Attachments
Error, that's not it
Error, that's not it
So if it is correct
So if it is correct