“Ramp plunge” error

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
RimShot
Model of CNC Machine: CNC-Step High-Z 1000

“Ramp plunge” error

Post by RimShot »

Hi forum. I have encountered what seems to me, to be a G-code error produced by Vectrix Cut2d pro. Anyone else who has run i to this problem???

Description of my issue:
When doing a pocket cut and using the ramp plunge option, the ramp plunge effect is sometimes forgotten. I see a pattern where this keeps happening.
Imagine a pocket being cut, and as the very last step the bit is plumged direct down to make a small adjustment where a tiny bit is missing. Not always, but often, the ramp effect is missed here. This leaves the following problems to me when not using a plunge cut tool:

It is really tough on my spoilboard, which has come a bit out of level because of this.
It creates a lot of heat on both tool and wood.
It leaves burn marks on the wood.

Often this part where the ramp move is forgotten is in the beginning of the toolpath, and this causes a lot more stress on the tool and cnc machine as there is more material to remove.

I’ve waited a long time before posting this and Cut2d Pro has been updated a couple of times without this being resolved.

Best of wishes
Dennis Hansen, Denmark

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: “Ramp plunge” error

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Do you seen any message that the ramp was being ignored when you generated the toolpath?

Please send an example file to support@vectric.com with an explanation of the issue.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

RimShot
Model of CNC Machine: CNC-Step High-Z 1000

Re: “Ramp plunge” error

Post by RimShot »

Rcnewcomb wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:41 am
Do you seen any message that the ramp was being ignored when you generated the toolpath?

Please send an example file to support@vectric.com with an explanation of the issue.
Thx for looking at this Rcnewcomb. I will send you an email within the next couple of days.
P.s. I do not see any message when generating my toolpath.

/Dennis