Saving parameters, not tool paths

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
oklared
Model of CNC Machine: Avid

Saving parameters, not tool paths

Post by oklared »

Every one of my parts will be different in size, shape. But, there are features (for example .125 dia. blind holes, blind pockets, round thru holes, etc) that appear in every part design. Their locations will always be different, design to design but the tool parameters to cut them will always be the same. Can the parameters utilized to cut these features be saved (without saving tool paths) and be easily recalled?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Saving parameters, not tool paths

Post by Adrian »

Toolpath templates associated with layers is the way to go to do that. You can even use variables and calculations in the template which will be evaluated upon calculation if you use different material thicknesses.

oklared
Model of CNC Machine: Avid

Post by oklared »

Thanks for the input Adrian. However, I am a newbie and your post blew right over my head. How do I achieve what you described?

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

oklared wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 pm
Thanks for the input Adrian. However, I am a newbie and your post blew right over my head. How do I achieve what you described?
It looks like most of the Cut2D 'Mass Production Tools' tutorials cover the subject, but look at https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... eralTopics