Vectric 2d Cutting on Wrong Side of Line

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
cschrinel
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot

Vectric 2d Cutting on Wrong Side of Line

Post by cschrinel »

Hoping someone can help me figure this out! I have two rectangles with radius'. The outer is a 2 inch offset of the inner. I CANNOT figure out why Vectric is cutting the outer rectangle on the outside and the inner rectangle on the inside......I have them both set to outside cuts. I joined and closed them and there are no overlaps. Tried changing direction of the vector.....tried everything I can think of. I have attached the file. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Boat Windows.crv
(229.5 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Vectric 2d Cutting on Wrong Side of Line

Post by Adrian »

If you select the inner and outer together and do them as one toolpath then the inner will be cut on the inside and the outer on the outside. That's the way it's supposed to work as the software assumes that it's the frame that is the part. If it didn't work like that then the frame wouldn't be the width you set it to as the cut on the inner vector would reduce the size by the diameter of the bit.

If you want both parts cut on the outside then you need to create two separate toolpaths both set to outside and select the outer vector for one and the inner vector for the other.

cschrinel
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot

Re: Vectric 2d Cutting on Wrong Side of Line

Post by cschrinel »

Great! That's exactly the info. I needed. Thanks!