2D Pro Cut Templates Issue

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
cschrinel
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot

2D Pro Cut Templates Issue

Post by cschrinel »

Having an issue with cut templates not importing. I created a drawing with 4 layers (Inside Cut, Outside Cut, Pocket Cut and On Line Cut). I created a toolpath for each one that has automatic layer selected and associated the toolpath. They work with no issue when I import vectors, change the layer and recalculate the toolpath within the same drawing as my originally created toolpaths. I exported each toolpath as a template into a folder and they are correctly displayed by the name in the window (i.e. Inside Cut, etc.). The issue is when I open a new drawing an import a cut template, no matter which template I select it comes in as the "Outside Template". For example, I try to import "Inside Cut" and it comes into the drawing as "Outside Cut". I was thinking maybe it says outside cut but really imported the inside cut setting but this is not the case. I tried restarting computer, exporting the cut templates again and starting a new drawing. Any ideas are much appreciated!!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: 2D Pro Cut Templates Issue

Post by Adrian »

How did you save them? One at time highlighting and saving or checking them and using save all visible?

cschrinel

Post by cschrinel »

Thanks for getting back to me! I tried both ways and when I import the combined cut file back into the drawing it still only has the outside cut file within it and is missing the other three. It does not make sense to me when I export them separately they show up in windows with no issues but import with another name. Thanks for the help!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

When you export as combined (Save All Visible) is the name of the template changing to be the name of the job?

cschrinel

Post by cschrinel »

No, It just asks me what I want to name the template.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

That's odd. If you use the Save Selected (that saves the toolpath highlighted in blue) the name of the template should be defaulting to the name of the toolpath as you're only saving one. If you save using Save All Visible (all toolpaths with the checkbox checked) then it should be defaulting to the name of the job as it contains multiple toolpaths.

I've tried a few permutations of saving and I can't replicate what you're seeing.