Product enhancement request

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Martingchapman
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft D420

Product enhancement request

Post by Martingchapman »

New user here, just getting the hang of Cut2D with a Stepcraft D420.

On the Drawing view, at the bottom of the left hand side there is a summary of the job dimensions.
I would find it useful if there was also a summary of each toolpath in the project, showing the tool used and the cut depth.
At the moment I have to switch to the toolpath view and hover the mouse over each individual toolpath, this then shows a summary of the toolpath in a pop out window.
Could this information be added to the bottom left hand side of the drawing view, then you would see all the most important parameters of the project as soon as you open the file.

Is there a place to post these sort of enhancement requests, or can I post them here and Vectric will see them?

Thanks - Martin.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Product enhancement request

Post by Adrian »

There's no screen real estate to do that really. With the lowest supported resolution which a lot of people use there is just enough room to display the job dimensions. Also, from a logic point of view, that information belongs on the toolpath tab as it's related to toolpaths and not the drawing. Have you looked at the job summary sheet? It won't display the info on startup but it will output all the info. Bear in mind that many people have toolpaths running well into double figures in their jobs.

For enhancements and bug reports it's best to email support@vectric.com so they can log things centrally. This is primarily a user to user support forum.

Martingchapman

Post by Martingchapman »

Adrian,
Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply.

Sounds like the job summary sheet is what I am looking for, but so far I have not found it.
Can you direct me as to how I access it (I have looked at all the menu options, program icons and also combed through the help files but no luck).

Martin.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Martingchapman wrote:Adrian,
Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply.

Sounds like the job summary sheet is what I am looking for, but so far I have not found it.
Can you direct me as to how I access it (I have looked at all the menu options, program icons and also combed through the help files but no luck).

Martin.
What version of Cut2D do you have? It's not available on the desktop version. If you have the pro version then it's the gear icon next to the Save Toolpaths icon.

Martingchapman

Post by Martingchapman »

Adrian,
I have the Desktop version, explains why I cant find the job summary, no gear icon next to the save toolpaths icon.

Maybe Vectric would consider adding my suggestion as an extra tab at the bottom of the drawing page next to the Drawing and Layers tabs. If it opened a new page (like the layers tab does) then there should be plenty of screen space.

Will email Vectric Support with a suggestion.

The learning curve continues.

Thanks for your help - Martin.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

I think you would have to upgrade to the Pro version to get the job sheets. At least it is that way with Vcarve. Not sure about Cut2D