Newby

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
David Tolley
Model of CNC Machine: workbee

Newby

Post by David Tolley »

Hi All

I'm completely new to cnc so I'll probably be asking loads of very basic questions so please forgive the what may probably seem like an obvious question.

I have a WorkBee cnc which I have literally just finished building, which I will be using Cut2Dpro on due to the size of the bed.

first of many questions I seem to be having problems saving work produced in cut 2Dpro for the toolpath as a vectric file, it defaults to a tap file??? which is not what I want. some work has saved correctly but not all of them.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many THanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Newby

Post by Adrian »

Welcome.

Have you been through the tutorials? You're going to come up against issue after issue if you don't. It's not really the sort of software that you can just start using without a bit of investment in learning first.

You need to select a post processor that matches the control program you're using. So if you're using Mach3 then select a Mach3 post processor. The file extension might not match what you have the default set to in your control program but you can select other file types when loading the file.

David Tolley
Model of CNC Machine: workbee

Post by David Tolley »

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have a generic Gcode sender, name escapes me at the moment however I have managed to save other files successfully, but not sure how?

I'm quite competent with auto code so drawings and producing the toolpaths doesn't seem to be an issue (famous last words) just saving them consistent in the format i want

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's all down to the post processor (the drop down list of names when you save a toolpath). That needs to be correct for your setup.

Those who do use gcode senders seem to be using the GRBL or XCarve post processors in the main but that might be totally wrong for your setup.