cut2d trial

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
maineshops
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home built

cut2d trial

Post by maineshops »

can I do work on my cut2d trial version on my laptop and then transfer it to my desktop with the licensed version to finish it up to cut?...... thanks Dan

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: cut2d trial

Post by Rcnewcomb »

No, but you can use the licensed version on both your laptop and your desktop

How many computers can I install my Vectric software on?
Vectric's license allows any of our software programs to be installed on up to 3 PC's for a single user.

If access to any one of the computers is shared with work colleagues, or anyone who is likely
to access the software, then the software must only be installed onto one computer.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

maineshops
Vectric Craftsman

Post by maineshops »

just me at home enjoying retirement RC. how do I put the licensed version on my laptop? just learning cut2d and it seems to do most of what I want to do....dan

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You use the file that you downloaded to install Cut2D when you originally bought it. If you didn't save it then you would need to contact Vectric via support@vectric.com and ask for a new download link.

maineshops
Vectric Craftsman

Post by maineshops »

thanks Adrian.... I think it is still on the desktop one. i'll look for it ......dan

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

You can use a file you made with a trial edition with a licensed edition on the same computer (only). Then resave using from the licensed edition and you will have a file that can be used on any other computer.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

stargeezer
Model of CNC Machine: CNC - Home made

Post by stargeezer »

Thanks for posting this question and thanks to all who replied. I just purchased my full copy of Cut2d and while I'm very happy with the assistance I've received from Vectric, the one potential problem that has concerned this retired guy (with a fixed income) is what happens if the very old computer I have running Mach 3 (because it has a parallel port), and my licensed copy of Cut2d decides to die. It seems there is some remedy for us in this regrettable instance.

Go Victric!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Backup the original file you downloaded to install Cut2D when you purchased it onto a thumb drive, CD or to an internet backup service and you will have no problem re-installing. If you've bought one of the latest versions of the software then you'll have access to the Vectric portal online where you can download installation files for your products at any time.

maineshops
Vectric Craftsman

Post by maineshops »

I hear ya Stargeezer. I was in the same boat awhile back. my hard drive crashed. I use" cob bad" for some things. when I asked them for help they insisted I prove that my hard drive crashed by sending a copy of my repair bill. Been honest for 73 years and it ticked me off big time.

vectric is a class act and I told "cobbad", in no uncertain terms, to contact them and learn how to treat customers. I have recommended vectric to several folks getting into this hobby...............Dan