How to set job with long y axis to export to mach 3

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
ribbo58
Model of CNC Machine: cnc6040

How to set job with long y axis to export to mach 3

Post by ribbo58 »

I have a mill that is not wide enough to cut a certain job and need to lay it down the y axis in mach 3.

Cut2d will set the dimensions but do I have to draw it on it's side and swing the text around to make it work or can I switch around in mach 3?

As you can see I am a newbie, this probably has a simple explanation if an expert.

I have a cnc 6040 where the spindle interferes with the stepper motors, awaiting a reply from the manufacturer, will let you know what the problem is if I get a reply.

Itching to do my first cut!

John S
Vectric Craftsman

Re: How to set job with long y axis to export to mach 3

Post by John S »

Replace all the stepper motor cables with shielded cable and shield just one end to the machine ground.
Best to do the control box end, leave the motor end disconnected.
John S.
Nottingham England.

JimG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Seig KX1

Post by JimG »

ribbo58 wrote:Cut2d will set the dimensions but do I have to draw it on it's side and swing the text around to make it work or can I switch around in mach 3?!
You might be able to rotate everything by 90 degrees in Cut2D using the Rotate tool. You can select everything using the Rotate function, then drag it round 90 degrees, using the Shift key to give you exactly 15 degree moves.

According to the Help file, there should be a facility to enter the exact amount you want to rotate, but that doesn't seem to work on my setup.

Jim.

ribbo58
Model of CNC Machine: cnc6040

Post by ribbo58 »

Thank you Jim the rotate tool at 90 degrees does the trick, brilliant.

Still working on the interference issue will take your advice on board John

Thanks