Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Rcnewcomb »

so we need a "post a new question" button
The "Post a new topic" does that
PostNew.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

Dearest Randall,
I was actually talking about FAQ not Aspire General.
I am perfectly aware of the "Post a new topic" in the general section but they are software specific.
Cheer up and take an anti-sarcasm tablet, please.
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Ms Wolffie wrote:So I have looked everywhere I can think of but where is this "A Support Contact forum" that is mentioned in the first post? If it is this forum, then one is already here and will just go around in circles.
The "Post a reply" button is meaningless if one wants to ask a new question, not reply to one already there, so we need a "post a new question" button.
It's a typo. The Support Contact Form is here - http://support.vectric.com/contact

I would have assumed as well from what you typed that you were talking about posting a new question on the forum not in the FAQ so I don't think Randall was being sarcastic.

The actual FAQ's are on the support site rather than here. The Support site is the main place for Vectric themselves to provide support information to users. This forum is primarily a user to user resource.

I agree that there should be a sticky post explaining the PM situation as that one comes up a lot and I always forget where the original post from Brian explaining it all is. Tricky thing to search for as well.

Chelmite
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 4x8, BOSS laser

Post by Chelmite »

How do I move my post from VCarve Pro to Aspire?
http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... 29#p161129

stargeezer
Model of CNC Machine: CNC - Home made

Post by stargeezer »

One of the many things I want to make now that I have my CNC router running are wooden clockworks. As far as building my machine went, I could not be more pleased with the outcome and the list of upcoming "jobs" is getting longer and longer. Alas, I've ran aground when it comes to software, I really don't understand enough to understand what I don't understand. :shock: I've bought Mach 3 and a few support packages, Corel Cad for drawing (I like it because it uses Autocad language), Corel Draw X7 Suite, and Cut2d. After all that, it seems that I might need more software, but being a retired Army Sargent means that I've just got to KNOW that I must have a $2000 software package like Aspire before I can pull the trigger on it, that's a lot of money for me. I don't know anybody who is doing this sort of thing so I turn to this group and ask "Do I need Aspire to cut gears for clocks or can I do the job with Cut 2d?".

Thanks
Larry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You can do it all with Cut2D. Gears aren't 3D cuts so you don't need Aspire. You don't even need the Corel packages you've bought. There are many threads on the forum from people cutting gears. If you do a search for gears (search button at top of the page) you'll find them.

stargeezer
Model of CNC Machine: CNC - Home made

Post by stargeezer »

Thanks Adrian, and particular thanks from my bank account. :) I would suggest that Vectric might do more to help total nubs to understand just what each of their programs is capable of doing when we are shopping. Of course, those of us who are as dumb about software as I am might be beyond that. Even with the "free trial" period, without being able to explore everything I wasn't too certain what it is capable of doing and what was my total software ineptitude. :lol:

I should have added that I picked up the Corel Draw partially because I'm taking a class with it at our local college this summer. Perhaps I can be taught something..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be happy and well,
Larry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

There is a product comparison page here - http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html - but it does require some knowledge of the terminology of the CNC world. There is a good introduction to CNC document by Vectric that might help with that - http://www.vectric.com/support/introduction-to-cnc.html

steven.brown3
Model of CNC Machine: cnc pirahna

Post by steven.brown3 »

Hello everyone. I am new to CNC. I have a piranha and I am wondering if anyone has constructed a duct removal jig for the piranha?

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

Does Aspire work with Artclip3D?

HJ

New at this game

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You don't need ArtClip3D if you've got Aspire you can use the models from VectorClip3D (and any other 3D site) directly in Aspire.

honesttjohn
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Nebula & CNCRP Pro4848

Post by honesttjohn »

Is the Wildlife program still available or has it been discontinued? If so, how much?

HJ

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

The wildlife program (Design & Carve) is no longer available. We are planning to convert some of the projects over to be provided through http://www.designandmake.com in the next few months. So I would suggest going to that website and joining their mailing list so you can be alerted when they become available.

Thanks,
James

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Post by phill05 »

This is not a Reply but cannot see any other button I need to ask a question, I am having problems with logging into this forum, until yesterday I was logged in all the time then last night I was asked to login and it rejected my password thinking I must have done it wrong I pressed "I forgot my password" got a new one last night entered the forum changed my password, this morning same again, had to request a new password and here I am, I do not want to go through all this hassle again, nothing has changed on my computer no update's have been made to it, no new software has been installed.

Can anyone explain what is going wrong please?

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer

bill565
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: One of those "Practical"4x4s

Post by bill565 »

As I travel so much, I have had the log me on each time set on multiple computers.

The behavior you describe about not being kept logged in sounds like what happens when I use one computer for a couple of days and then when I get back home, I have to log back in from my primary. Perhaps you logged in using a different computer or browser, like a phone or something that has the log me in each time set?

If not, sounds like there could be a setting or something clearing your cache and cookies.

Sorry if this is not addressing the issue, just a couple of thoughts.

Bill
Save the Whales, Collect the Whole Set
http://www.bcnc-fab.com