Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Adrian »

When you double click the clipart installer it will display where the clipart is installed as part of the installation process. Typically it's Public Documents/Vectric Files/Clipart and a sub-folder from there depending on the product.

Where the installer file is put when you download it depends on what browser you're using and how you've set it up. Typically downloads go into the main Downloads folder and you can execute the installer from there.

pviljoen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC

Post by pviljoen »

Rcnewcomb wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:22 pm
You can use your favorite search engine and type in:
furniture site:forum.vectric.com
to search the forum for more specific keywords such as furniture

Look at the advanced search features on your favorite internet search engine for additional features. For example this looks for cherry and chair but excludes results with walnut:
chair cherry -walnut site:forum.vectric.com
Thanks Great feedback as usual. I will definitely give it a try with all the various suggestions. Thanks

gldfshrdr150
Model of CNC Machine: Home built MACH3

Why is Import bitmap greyed out?

Post by gldfshrdr150 »

Hi. I just purchased Cut2d Desktop because I could import bit maps. But the import drop down has it greyed out. Do I need to do something else? I also use other software.

Thanks.......dt

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Re: Why is Import bitmap greyed out?

Post by Adrian »

gldfshrdr150 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:41 pm
Hi. I just purchased Cut2d Desktop because I could import bit maps. But the import drop down has it greyed out. Do I need to do something else? I also use other software.
Bitmaps are imported by using the bitmap import icon on Drawing tool tab or the menu "File/Import.../Import Bitmap..." option.

In both cases you need to have created a new file or loaded one. You can't start a file/job by importing a bitmap.
Attachments
bitmaps.jpg

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

This question would probably better be asked in the “Cut2D - General” area of the forum.

But since we’re here... Try invoking the “Import Bitmap” not with the menu but by using the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+I

This will at least let us see if that option is active as I’m not too sure what “it” is greyed out in "But the import drop down has it greyed out."

gldfshrdr150

Bitmap import greyed out

Post by gldfshrdr150 »

How do I get to the drawing tool screen? When I start the program, I get a left side drop down with actions but no drawing tool screen.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Re: Bitmap import greyed out

Post by Adrian »

gldfshrdr150 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:08 pm
How do I get to the drawing tool screen? When I start the program, I get a left side drop down with actions but no drawing tool screen.
You have to start a new job/file. When you first start the program it's expecting you to load a file or start a new one (look at the Startup Taks section). Until you've done either of those you won't see the full set of menus and toolbars.

You would best to start with the Tutorial Browser on the startup screen though and work your way through the tutorials. You're going to get frustrated very quickly if you just try to dive in without understanding the basics.

gldfshrdr150

Post by gldfshrdr150 »

Good call. I guess I'll start there.

Syndicateknives
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko pro xxl

Post by Syndicateknives »

I purchased Vcarve Pro v11 I currently have version 11.016.. I have tried numerous times over several days to update to the new 11.5 and every time i try, it tells me I have the most current version. I have tried downloading directly from the site and it says my software is up to date. Am i not eligible?

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Syndicateknives wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:36 am
I purchased Vcarve Pro v11 I currently have version 11.016.. I have tried numerous times over several days to update to the new 11.5 and every time i try, it tells me I have the most current version. I have tried downloading directly from the site and it says my software is up to date. Am i not eligible?
Hello Syndicateknives,
Anyone with V11 is eligible for a free upgrade to V11.5. The new version is not a patch, but a standalone installation, hence the software says you're up to date. You can download the V11.5 installer from your V&Co account.
Hope this helps,
Greg K

TundraAP
Model of CNC Machine: Mekanika

Post by TundraAP »

Is there an FAQ for technical questions? i.e. If you are getting this, do that. Like, why is my vcarve going completely through the wood...you should set a depth limit on your v-bit. etc. Common issues that newbies have (or some oldbies).

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

TundraAP wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:07 pm
Is there an FAQ for technical questions? Something like this: https://www.simplify3d.com/resources/pr ... eshooting/ i.e. If you are getting this, do that. Like, why is my vcarve going completely through the wood...you should set a depth limit on your v-bit. etc. Common issues that newbies have (or some oldbies).
Depends on how technical the question is.

There is a FAQ here that covers many topics - https://www.vectric.com/support/switching-to-vectric

The one headed "How can I adjust the depth of a v-carving when too deep or too shallow?" will probably answer your question.

Don't forget the excellent tutorials as well. V-carving depth is covered in more than one of those.

Otherwise this forum is the best resource. Use the Search facility to start with and if you can't find what you're looking for start a new thread in the relevant forum section and plenty of people here will help you.

TundraAP
Model of CNC Machine: Mekanika

Post by TundraAP »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:13 pm
The one headed "How can I adjust the depth of a v-carving when too deep or too shallow?" will probably answer your question.
:-) Actually, that wasn't a question I had, just used it as an example. Maybe a better example is a problem that I did (do as I haven't tested the solution out yet) is here: https://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42029 If someone sees that picture they may say, "yeah, that's exactly what I'm having". I know and search the forums but there must be common problems that keep repeating (newbie problems, not problems with the software itself). I guess why I was suggesting something like Simplify3D has is, as a newbie, we sometimes don't know what to call the problem so we don't know what to search for. When I see a picture of the problem, I say, yeah, that's what I'm having and then start to read the solution. i.e. I may not know what to call the "fuzzies" when using an up-cut bit (solution, use a down-cut or compression) so I may not know what to search for. I'm one of those who searches extensively before posting as I really hate when someone comes back and says, "use the search" (no, I've not had anyone here say that to me). The search only works when you know what to look for.

Anyway, just spitballing here.

p.s. LOL, I guess you did say "use the search here". But you didn't say it in a bad way.

bfteagle
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

Post by bfteagle »

After I installed the latest update (11.6552) of Desktop version, my laser no longer works. There have been NO CHANGES to anything other than the update. My question is how can I go back to an earlier version so that my laser will work. I have a job that is due and need to get it done.

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

bfteagle wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:48 pm
After I installed the latest update (11.6552) of Desktop version, my laser no longer works. There have been NO CHANGES to anything other than the update. My question is how can I go back to an earlier version so that my laser will work. I have a job that is due and need to get it done.
Hello bfteagle.

Can You please reach out to support@vectric.com from your registered email address so we can look into this for you, and make sure you have everything you need for your Laser Module.

Many thanks

Vectric Support