Buckethead litho

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Buckethead litho

Post by Xxray »

One of the top guitarists ever and many have never heard of him ,,, This guy is just sensational, went and saw him at a club the other night and was inspired to make a litho of him.
As his name implies, he wears a bucket on his head, also a face mask. Doesn't stop there, he is a 1 man band, plays all instrumentals to a background of pre recorded rhythm tracks and also, Buckethead does not talk. Not 1 microphone on stage, never says a single word just gets up there and plays some of the most incredible guitar ever heard.
Its more than just a gimmick, he has been cultivating this persona for well over a decade, and he needs it to face the audience, couldn't play without it. Always had a cult following, he rose to prominence some years back when he became Guns N Roses new lead guitar after Slash left. Was with them 4 years but couldn't deal with the lethargy of Axl so he left and has been touring on his own since then. His style is tough to peg, he is a cross between Hendrix and Van Halen with some Randy Rhodes thrown in - Some mighty big names to drop, this guy is legit and lives up to it. He also has sounds and style completely unique to him and plays acoustic super nice, but those tracks are tough to find, most think of him as a pure lightning fast shredder.
Doesn't even stop there, he has a nice routine of going into robotic dances, breaks out with nunchucks and passes out presents to the audience - The whole while never uttering a single word.

Currently on tour, any rock guitar fans would be well advised to check his tour schedule and see if he is coming to a town near you.

[This was the show I was at not my video though, mine didn't come out nearly as good]

Anyhow this litho is about 6x9, took 4 hours with a 1/32 ballnose.
Haven't made a box for it yet, just sitting in front of a light. Very heavy contrast between pitch black and bright white, am lucky I didn't punch through more than I did - Only place I broke through is the outline of the bucket/hat near the top.
Attachments
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2685.JPG
buckethead.jpg
Doug

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Re: Buckethead litho

Post by Xxray »

My 1st foray into night lights, 4" square.
Came out nice detail wise, took a bit more than 2 hours.
Plain square though strikes me as, I don't know, uninspiring maybe. Could round off the corners but might make it even worse, I don't know.
I like the concept but seems to be something missing, can't quite put my finger on it.

Has quite a hot spot behind the bulb, as I expected. Maybe I'll try some diffusion film try to knock it down a bit.
Attachments
IMG_2698.JPG
IMG_2699.JPG
Doug

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

President Trump, turned out great.
Really no down side to these things I see potential, except for the light hot spot.
Attachments
IMG_2720.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
Doug

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

When I saw the title of this thread I was taken back to the mid-'80s listening to the British space-rock-band Hawkwind's track Rajneesh "I wear a bucket on the head..."

https://youtu.be/y5Y5oDJNJk0

Steven

Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Post by Xxray »

On a roll, did one of my gf !
Attachments
IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2731.JPG
Doug