My first litho in awhile.

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

My first litho in awhile.

Post by woody53 »

32 ford coupe litho.jpg
Did this this weekend and haven't done a litho for awhile. This is my dream car and I guess I will keep dreaming. Its a 32 Ford 5 window coupe. Will make the box this week and keep for myself. Sure don't make Me anything very often.

Dave

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: My first litho in awhile.

Post by dwilli9013 »

Definitely a sweet ride hard to beat the five window. And the old school open fender look works well.
I always thought I wanted a 23 t-bucket until I actually got to drive one. Little rough for this 6'6" frame not to mention the 350 pound frame.
Thanks for sharing sweet Litho.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Joe Duplessis
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by Joe Duplessis »

Your lithophane looks great. Would you tell me what material you used along with bits that were used and speeds that were used. I guess I am asking how you set up to do a lithhophane. I tried one of my pet dog that has passed away but it didn't come out very well. I can never find out all the details on cutting a lithophane and getting result that are posted on the forum. :(

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I can never find out all the details on cutting a lithophane and getting result that are posted on the forum.

Joe, that's basically because there are to many variables that come into play, the only real way for you to get repeatable good results is to do your own experimenting & work out what works best on your machine using your tooling :lol: :lol:
Take the type of tool, speed & feed info from other peoples posts & use this as your starting point to fine tune your own machine. It is also worth noting that the photograph you use will make a big difference as well. Most people will do some photo editing before they import the picture to toolpath.

The material is probably Corian but that is just a trade name, Corian is a solid surface material & there are a lot of other brands that you can use. Try a search for solid surface material & you will get a lot of other names for materials that will work for this sort of thing.

Joe Duplessis
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by Joe Duplessis »

Thank Martin for your reply. I have some corian in the shop and will have to try doing a lithophane on it. What I am trying to do is o a lithophane to be inserted in beer clock and have the light projected through the lithophane. Don"t know if it will work. Thought maybe frosted cast plexiglass might work better than the corian since it is quite a dense material.

PatentDraftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR6 CNC Router 24X36"

Post by PatentDraftsman »

i came in here looking to see what type of photocarves people were creating and the quality but after seeing your lithograph and others, I think that is what I want to do! I am sure my first will be no where near your quality but it is nice to know the results that can be created.

Thanks for sharing.

David
David
Abricay Workshop
Quincy, MA 02171

www.abricay.com

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Here is a clock lithophane plus more info