Silly Me!

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
messengert

Silly Me!

Post by messengert »

Okay. Here is my first SUCCESSFUL litho. I am currently using the trial edition. I have seen all the stuff you guys have done, and thought to myself, 'That's cool, but can I do it?' Well after getting the first one too deep and leaving the material so thin, that rice paper looks like a novel by comparision. Then the second one was more promising. Until I realized half way through the cut that I forgot to Invert the colors. Doh!!! By now, I am begining to doubt my intelligence. Okay. one final try. I remembered to INVERT colors (Check). I set the material thickness right. (Check, check). Done. I hold it up to the light and viola! I can see picture. But wait a $#%#$ minute. It's fuzzy and blurry. What the...! Just as I was about the throw the thing in the trash. I said to myself. It can't look any worse from the other side!

You have got to be kidding me. That's right folks, since no one specified which side to illuminate from I ASSumed that you would want the smooth side facing you and let the magic happen.

I feel like such an idiot!. Oh, well....

Silly me.
Attachments
epiphany!
epiphany!
What the....! Blurry!
What the....! Blurry!
Cut from a dollar store cutting board
Cut from a dollar store cutting board
Finding fault is easy, any fool can do it! - Grand Pa Messenger

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Welcome to the world of lithos .... I hope you do realize you have had your first taste ... you are now hooked ! May as well figure that you have to buy the real thing... looks great.

Kent