New Litho

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
pops1964
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot buddy bt 32

New Litho

Post by pops1964 »

Did this yesterday , not to bad but really need to keep better track of bits this bit should of been in needs to be sharpened box. pop's :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMAG0095.jpg
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: New Litho

Post by dhellew2 »

They look good to me. Stick them in a bright window then you can really see the detail.
What size bit did you use?
Most of the time for maximum detail I use a 3/64" (0.046875") spiral ballnose bit.
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

pops1964
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot buddy bt 32

Post by pops1964 »

I used a 1/16th tapered ball nose bit have never anything but that on litho's and my finish pass's on 3-D carvings . pop's :mrgreen:
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Bits can make a huge difference, I did one about a month ago for a guy at work.
He was very happy with it so I started making the box, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I could do much better.

I tried the bit that I thought was inferior to the 1st one I used, and the difference was astounding. I really should have taken before and after pictures, but I ended up making the box for the 2nd one and just gave the other one to the guy free of charge.

The 1st bit was gold Z coated and looked brand new, 2nd one just plain steel and I know I have carved 100 + things with it, anyone would have assumed the gold Z coated one was the best, but old betsy proved far superior. Don't even remember where I got it, wish I did, ebay maybe. Its the one that has done all my plexi 3D carvings to date., and now lithos.
Doug