PVC in acrylic

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Re: PVC in acrylic

Post by BDM »

Ms Wolffie wrote:
Xxray wrote:Crisp lettering, I am a big fan of diamond bits in acrylic - Why no periods in the sentences though ?

edit: On closer inspection, maybe they are there, but the double or triple space after them doesn't look right.
It is common secretarial practice to have one space after a coma and two after a period.
Cheers
Wolffie
I didn't go to secretarial school, but in typing class and any typed paper in school, you always had to have double spacing after a period, so that's what I'm use to. But my teenage kids only use a single space and when I change it, they get upset because their teachers told them to do it that way, so somewhere along the line, it changed and I don't know why. Appears to be a generational thing, i.e. us "old" folks don't know what we're doing :lol:

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

BDM wrote:
Ms Wolffie wrote:
Xxray wrote:Crisp lettering, I am a big fan of diamond bits in acrylic - Why no periods in the sentences though ?

edit: On closer inspection, maybe they are there, but the double or triple space after them doesn't look right.
It is common secretarial practice to have one space after a coma and two after a period.
Cheers
Wolffie
I didn't go to secretarial school, but in typing class and any typed paper in school, you always had to have double spacing after a period, so that's what I'm use to. But my teenage kids only use a single space and when I change it, they get upset because their teachers told them to do it that way, so somewhere along the line, it changed and I don't know why. Appears to be a generational thing, i.e. us "old" folks don't know what we're doing :lol:

Yes things have changed over time, basically because life has got faster it takes to long to type & read 2 spaces :lol: :lol:

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

BDM wrote:
Ms Wolffie wrote:

Cheers
Wolffie
Tough to say, I'm not exactly a young spring chicken, born in 1969 ... Don't think I've ever seen double spaces as common practice, which is why it stands out as unusual to me. Maybe its more subtle in print and stands out more on a LED sign, I don't know.
Doug

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BDM »

jerrywi wrote:Great job, I was thinking of doing a similar project using my children's photo's

I was wondering what the line spacing amount you used to get the detail?

Jerry
Jerry, sorry I forgot to check last night. I'm guessing it was 15%. If not, I'll update when I check to be sure.

DialogFreak
Model of CNC Machine: FP3

Post by DialogFreak »

Hi XxRay ,

nice work your acrylic .
Can you tell me how deep you are milling it ?