Guitar neck

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
dannyboi7
Model of CNC Machine: shark

Guitar neck

Post by dannyboi7 »

Looking for help cutting my first neck.
Shark HD4 25x25 max.
Strat neck is 25 3/4 so I have to cut with the tile mode.
Also have to flip for 2sided stl.
I don’t see where to put tabs and are pegs in the spoil board standard operating procedure from the beginning for tiling and flipping?
Thanx in advance to all that advise. It is very much appreciated.

Facebook group suggested I angle my job but havent figured out how to do that in VCarve.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Guitar neck

Post by adze_cnc »

dannyboi7 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:06 am
Strat neck is 25 3/4 so I have to cut with the tile mode.
Also have to flip for 2sided stl.
Facebook group suggested I angle my job but havent figured out how to do that in VCarve.
This is posted in the Cut3D program board yet post mentions "VCarve". Are you running Cut3D or VCarve?

Cut3D does not have the ability to rotate the model upon import.

VCarve does. See help file for importing 3D model: Initial Orientation You would need to rotate slightly about the z-axis.

To quote:
To rotate the model interactively, the dynamic handles in the 3D view can be used. The red, green and blue circles allow for rotation about the X, Y and Z axes respectively, while the central grey sphere can be used for rotating around all three axes simultaneously.

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BDM »

adze_cnc wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:21 am

This is posted in the Cut3D program board yet post mentions "VCarve". Are you running Cut3D or VCarve?

Cut3D does not have the ability to rotate the model upon import.
It might be semantics, but I rotate models all the time when bringing them into Cut3D. Without that option, the program wouldn't be very useful, and some models would be impossible to cut based on their initial orientation.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

OK. Cut3D does not have the ability to rotate models other than in 90 increments.

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BDM »

That's what I thought you were referring to, but just in case someone reads this later they won't think that Cut3D can't rotate at all. Fortunately for people like me that don't have VCarve but do have Cut3D, there are free programs that allow you to rotate the stl however you want and then you can import it into Cut3D.