Part Placement Relative to 0/0

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
PDC#1
Model of CNC Machine: MachMotion 2150R

Part Placement Relative to 0/0

Post by PDC#1 »

Hello every,
I am new to Vectric Cut3D and i am trying to understand how to assure that my CNC machine will start cutting my part at the correct location.
My part is slightly smaller then my material size, due to having 2 layers of .75" material glued together and the top layer already having the perimeter shape cut out and glued to the bottom layer off set 10" from the right hand side. My concern is that if i use the Symmetrical & Use Model Silhouette setting to reduce milling time will my piece be milled at the correct starting point? I have attached a screen shot to hopefully explain my question.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-01 102753.jpg

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Part Placement Relative to 0/0

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The previews are very accurate. If it looks good in the preview then the software is doing what it should.

Does it look correct in the preview?
Did the final item come out differently than the preview?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

PDC#1
Model of CNC Machine: MachMotion 2150R

Post by PDC#1 »

I have adjusted my material size to the same size as my part size and it milled in the correct place.
The one thing that i am not sure about now is why when changing the XY Origin Position nothing seems to happen.
Attachments
Peice 1.jpg
Peice 1.jpg

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The one thing that i am not sure about now is why when changing the XY Origin Position nothing seems to happen.
If you change XY origin from the lower left to the center of the job, for example, you won't see any difference. The change will be that the code sent to the machine would change.

With XY origin in the lower left all X or Y moves would show a positive number.

With XY origin in the center X or Y moves would show positive and negative numbers.

If you set up the job with XY origin in the center of your material, but on your machine if you set XY origin to the lower left then you will have problems with the machine tries to move negative.

Main Point: Make sure XY origin on the job and one your machine are set to the same place.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop