Cut3D trial

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
Tony Pagett
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds C-Beam

Cut3D trial

Post by Tony Pagett »

I have the full version of Cut2D and would like to try out Cut3D.

I have imported some .stl files into the Cut3D trial version and can set everything up ok until I come to save the toolpaths. (As I only have the trial version i can't go any further.)

I would like to know, if i purchased the full version, would I be able to save my file and import it into Cut2D ?. I have tried saving the example files but when I try to open them in Cut2D I get an error message saying that there are no available toolpaths saved with the file. (screen dump attached)

Also another question. In Cut2D my Post Processor is Grbl (mm) (*.gcode). This option is not shown in Cut3D . Is this just because it is a trial version?
Attachments
Image1.jpg

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Cut3D trial

Post by Rcnewcomb »

If you are looking at Cut3D to enable 3D work then it might be better to look at upgrading from Cut2D to Vcarve since it has integrated support for Design & Make 3D files and STL files. It can handle 2 sided machining as well.

If you specifically need 4 sided machining then Cut3D would be your only solution.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Tony Pagett
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds C-Beam

Post by Tony Pagett »

Thank you Rcnewcomb. From what I can see, Vcarve is Cut2D with added 3d support?

I still cannot find the required Grbl (mm) (*.gcode) option though in the Post Processor list

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I do see that post processor in my list for VCarve. You might send an email to support@vectric.com since this forum is mostly other users.
Attachments
GRBLmm02.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop