Touch Probe program requirement

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
Jon R Demere
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha

Touch Probe program requirement

Post by Jon R Demere »

I just bough a Shark touch probe. I have a Piranha and running V carve Pro and can anyone tell me if I have to have Cut 3 D to run the touch probe. Also can anyone tell me where to plug in the touch probe? I have tried the plug in on front of the larger control box and also the plug in on the small box that has the display. So far the cnc noes not recognize the new touch probe. As you can tell I am new and CNC and I find the Shark does not offer much in detail on how to use add on equip.

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: Touch Probe program requirement

Post by tonydude919 »

Please post your question on the shark forum http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.p ... 278744fde9 you will get better answers for it.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

WoodEraser
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus

Post by WoodEraser »

Did you register it with Next Wave Automation ?
Eric
The WoodEraser

Liberty Twp (N. of Cincinnati & S. of Dayton) Ohio

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Post by tonydude919 »

Check this out from nextwaveautomation the company that makes it. Go download the manual. http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=29

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

Bob Jr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom, Shark

Post by Bob Jr »

Jon R Demere wrote:I just bough a Shark touch probe. I have a Piranha and running V carve Pro and can anyone tell me if I have to have Cut 3 D to run the touch probe. Also can anyone tell me where to plug in the touch probe? I have tried the plug in on front of the larger control box and also the plug in on the small box that has the display. So far the cnc noes not recognize the new touch probe. As you can tell I am new and CNC and I find the Shark does not offer much in detail on how to use add on equip.
OK Jon,
I've been taking some measurements on the Piranha at the store and the touch probe I have. The Piranha has about 3" of Z travel. The probe takes up about 2.75" when mounted in the router. This means that you can only scan very thin objects on your Piranha. A work-around would be to mount the probe directly to the router mount. This method has been shown over in the Shark forum. It's buried somewhere in the posts, so you will need to do some digging.
I just didn't want you to work through all connection problems, only to find that the probe itself was very limited on your machine due to it's size.
Bob
"Be accurate."
W. Tell