Scale of multiple objects

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
DougE
Model of CNC Machine: cnc Shark- -other

Scale of multiple objects

Post by DougE »

I am trying to figure out how one goes about controlling the scale of objects.

Example;
A cone. (apx 1 inch Z height)
A sphere. (apx 2 inch Z height)
A cube. (apx 3 inch Z height)
These models are each individual components that make up one model.
All parts are intersecting but are separate entities. (boolean) The cone penetrates the cube, the cube intersects the sphere.

The total model height will be 3 inches, aka the height of the cube piece..

In order to machine each piece separate I need to bring them in separately to Cut3d. (each piece is made of differing materials)

The problem;
The cube will be the primary piece. It will be 3 inches in Z height which I set inside Cut3D.
If I bring the Cone into Cut3d and set the Z height to 3 inches, it will create the Cone 3 inches in height. This is not what it should be for the complete 3 piece model.

I cannot make choices inside of Cut3d to tell it only to calculate a separate model piece. (unless I don't see this parameter somewhere)

Sorry about the odd explanation. I will attempt to post some screen shots to better explain. I am not on my main computer at this time.

Thank you for your time in trying to lend me a hand.

DougE

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Scale of multiple objects

Post by Adrian »

Why not do the intersecting etc in the package that created the objects and then bring them in as one?

steina81
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger

Re: Scale of multiple objects

Post by steina81 »

I ran into a scaling issue also.
It appears cut3d will allow you to extract a 2d image of the part contour. So you can check a part for size.
However it will not allow you to input a 2d image and to fit the 3d part profile to it.

Allan Steinkuhl