Adding an Axiom post processor

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
JimB1
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4 pro

Adding an Axiom post processor

Post by JimB1 »

Can someone offer me detailed assistance on how to download and Axiom post processor to Cut 3d?
I have searched this forum and could only find one post on the subject. Unfortunately, it was lacking in details as to what the actual process is the add the post processor to Cut 3d.
I have the Axiom post processor downloaded and saved to my computer, I have also found the list of post processors within the Cut 3d program... now what?
I displayed both files on a split screen and tried to simply click and drag the Axiom pp file into the Cut 3d pp files. The Axiom pp is now included within the Cut 3d program pp list, but after doing a restart and opening Cut 3d I get this error message:
Config File
Unknown statement found in file
C:Program Files (x86\Cut3D 1.11\PostP\Axiom_HHc_CNC.pp
SUBSTITUTE = "(0}"

Where did I go wrong?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Adding an Axiom post processor

Post by Adrian »

Where did you get the post processor from?

Cut3D is a far older program than the rest of the Vectric programs and doesn't support anything like as many statements in the post processor. If you're using a post processor written for Cut2D/VCarve/Aspire then you're going to have to remove/modify statements Cut3D doesn't like until it works.

The fact that you're getting that error on startup shows that you've put the file in the correct folder for Cut3D so that's not your issue.

JimB1
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4 pro

Re: Adding an Axiom post processor

Post by JimB1 »

I downloaded the Axiom pp from their website. What you’re saying makes perfect sense.
Since I just purchased Cut3D a few days ago, I’m going to inquire about getting a refund or credit from Vectric and applying it towards an upgrade to Aspire.
Thanks for your assistance