Post Processor

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
JMD
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix GX2525 with rotary

Post Processor

Post by JMD »

Can anyone tell me how to add a new pro processor to cut3d?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Post Processor

Post by Adrian »

With Cut3D (and PhotoVCarve) the post processors are in a folder named PostP that are in the same Program Files (Program Files (x86) if you're running 64 bit Windows) that the program is installed to. So for a default install on 64 bit Windows that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Cut3D\PostP

You need admin rights to be able to read and write files to that folder in most versions of Windows.

JMD
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JMD »

Adrian wrote:With Cut3D (and PhotoVCarve) the post processors are in a folder named PostP that are in the same Program Files (Program Files (x86) if you're running 64 bit Windows) that the program is installed to. So for a default install on 64 bit Windows that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Cut3D\PostP

You need admin rights to be able to read and write files to that folder in most versions of Windows.
The post processor I an trying to install (Lenux CNC_G64_Arcs_inch) is i the list under Program Files(x86),Cut 3D,Post P, but when I try to save a job it dose not show up in the list of Post Processors. I am about out of ides. :? Have am E-Mail into Vectric Support, but haven't gotten an answer. Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

What is the name of the post processor? It's not necessarily the same as the file name so you might be missing it. Load the post processor into a text editor such as Notepad and look for the POST_NAME value.

Another common issue is double suffixes on the file. It might look like the file end with a .pp (as it should) be really it's .pp.txt instead. Check the file type column in an explorer window to discount that.

JMD
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JMD »

Adrian wrote:What is the name of the post processor? It's not necessarily the same as the file name so you might be missing it. Load the post processor into a text editor such as Notepad and look for the POST_NAME value.

Another common issue is double suffixes on the file. It might look like the file end with a .pp (as it should) be really it's .pp.txt instead. Check the file type column in an explorer window to discount that.
POST_NAME = "LinuxCNC Arcs(inch)(*.ngc)" Copied from the file. The only other name it might have is Probotix Linux CNC. Thank you for the help. And the fast reply.