GONKS derivative

Gallery for samples created from Design and Make 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

GONKS derivative

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

TheGONKS_7228.png
A Christmas present for my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. Made from maple and finished with Special Linseed Oil. This is a model from the Design and Make library; The GONKS. I added some background from the library called Waterside - Cottage Life.

I was surprised how easy it was to add the additional parts, but they are all from D&M.

Any suggestions on adding more to highlight this project?
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: GONKS derivative

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hey Tex...

That looks amazing... what a great gift! I'm sure they will love it and bring them lots of Gonk "Good Luck".

Love that you "hacked" in some other content for the background... nice additions.

Thanks again for sharing and mentioning Design and Make! We really appreciate it!

If anyone is interested, here is a link to "The GONKS" model project - https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/21055 and the "Waterside - Cottage Life" model project - https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/20262
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

ElevationCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO-Acorn , Shapeoko SO3 XXL & SO3s

Re: GONKS derivative

Post by ElevationCreations »

Tex_Lawrence wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:18 pm

Any suggestions on adding more to highlight this project?
Looks great.

For highlighting the detail you could try to add some tint to your finish to make a glaze and wipe it on an off so it rests in the details.
Paint pigment ( sold at big box stores ) or Trans-Tint dyes may work, best to experiment.