Couple of recent projects

Gallery for samples created from Design and Make 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Couple of recent projects

Post by Xxray »

Not much activity in this part of the forum, so I present these 2 recent models, a cedar eagle and yellowheart Jesus.
As you can see, I was slightly off on centering with both, part of the cut breached the edge, which I try to avoid doing.
Both have 1 coat of clear gloss, the eagle still has some fuzzies, I'll sand those off and give them both another coat.
In case you are wondering, the small dark circles on the yellowheart are just my attempt to cover up screw holes. I just put a little glob of wood glue in the hole, and top it with wood dust.
Not the ideal solution, as they always show up a bit sunken and darker ... Hopefully I'll rig up a better hold down solution in the near future, and I won't have to screw them in the first place.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
Doug

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Re: Couple of recent projects

Post by mboydraska »

Nice carvings, I especially like the eagle and dream catcher. Thanks for posting.
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Couple of recent projects

Post by Xxray »

Thanks, I have turned into a big fan of yellowheart. Sculpts very nicely, has a great look and nice solid feel.
Maybe you know, but here is a page of 3D models here
http://www.vectorart3d.com/gallery/
Doug