center cutting form tools

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
GRANDPA

center cutting form tools

Post by GRANDPA »

I want to add the center cutting form tools to my tool data base. does anyone have a copy of the standard profiles used to do the tiles which we got in the seminar in Las Vegas that I can get a copy of and add without doing something I will regret and break the tools. I want to do some of the tiles and have the bits. just want them in the tool library so that I can modify if needed. thanks
Dale Grabowski
Grandpa's Pastime

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: center cutting form tools

Post by tmerrill »

Dale,

There are 26 sample tiles on the DVD you got in Las Vegas, of which I recall 4 were cut as samples. Take a look at these and find the designs you like, then see what is required for bits to machine them.

The attached tool file contains all the pointed roundover bits made by Whiteside, which are the ones I have. You can import them into your tool database, but they are not 100% accurate in that I modeled them to come to an exact point, which they don't - there is a small flat center region which I just compensate for using an allowance offset in the toolpath. So, use at your own risk. (It is a very small file, but I had to zip it to find an extension the forum would allow).

Tim
Attachments
Roundover bits.zip
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 280 times

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

And here are the actual profiles I used in a .crv3d file in case you want to verify or modify:

Tim
Attachments
Whiteside roundover bit profiles.crv3d
(94 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

GRANDPA

Post by GRANDPA »

Exactly what I was looking for................... My wifw wants all of them cut and daughters do to. guess I will be byst for a couple of days or more. thanks
Dale Grabowski
Grandpa's Pastime