Help!

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY 4' x 8' CNC Router/Plasma

Help!

Post by mountaincraft »

I need to add an M7 command to V Carve Pro (Mach 3 inch ATC) so that the machine vacuum will come on after the spindle delay..

But I can't seem to find the Post Processors for V Carve Pro... According to the "guide to editing a vectric post processor" pdf docs on this forum (Post_Processor_Guide_1.1.0.pdf), there should be a post processor folder in the V Carve Pro program folder.. But I can't find it 'anywhere'

Even a search of the entire computer comes up empty.. How is this possible? I have a complete list of them when I have the app running...

I found the PostP folders for Cut 2D, Photo V Carve, and Vector Art 3D Machinist... But there doesn't appear to be one for V Carve Pro...

What am I not understanding here?

Thanks,
Mark

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: HELP!

Post by tmerrill »

Mark,

Open the File pulldown menu and select Open Application Data Folder. This will take you to where your version of Windows now stores the PostP files.

This change was made in Aspire and VCP to confirm to Microsoft's recommendations.

Tim

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

tmerrill wrote:Mark,

Open the File pulldown menu and select Open Application Data Folder. This will take you to where your version of Windows now stores the PostP files.

This change was made in Aspire and VCP to confirm to Microsoft's recommendations.

Tim
File pulldown menu in V Carve Pro (when it's running?).. or somewhere else?

Thanks,
Mark

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

Okay Tim..

Found it, thanks..

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with it! :mrgreen:

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

If I want to get rid of all the unrelated Post Processors, so that they don't show up in the V Carve Pro (or other Vectric Apps) Post Processor List, can I just create a folder within the relevant Post Processor Folder and name it storage or whatever and move all the undesired post processors files into that? Or do I have to move them completely out of the Post Processor folder?

Thanks,
Mark

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

VCarve only looks in the top level of the folder itself so creating a folder and moving the unwanted PP's in there will work.

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

Adrian wrote:VCarve only looks in the top level of the folder itself so creating a folder and moving the unwanted PP's in there will work.
Doesn't appear to allow the creation of a folder in there... Or at least the option for it is not in the file browser window... There are other folders in there already though, in which their contents show up in the Post Processor selection pulldown, so I'm not sure if that'll work anyways...

I might have to move them completely out of the Post P folder.. But I don't want to screw up the app somehow... The lack of ability to create a folder kinda has me spooked that the intention is so that we can't mess with it...

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

I have the option to create a new folder (Win 7 Ultimate) and it may be a permissions thing. Are you logged in as an Administrator?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Strange that you're seeing the contents of the other folders in the pulldown. I don't see that in Aspire or VCarve. I created a folder and moved the other PP's in there on mine to get them out of the way.

If you right click within the folder you should have the New option to create a folder. If you don't then, as Tim says, it's almost certainly because you don't have administrator rights with the user you're logged onto Windows with.

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

I was having a brain fart... It's early.. CRS disease, (insert other excuses here)

I had a folder selected.. as soon as I deselected it, the option to create a folder appeared.. Created a new folder, moved the files in there, and it appears to have worked..

Thanks,
Mark

mountaincraft
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mountaincraft »

Adrian wrote:Strange that you're seeing the contents of the other folders in the pulldown. I don't see that in Aspire or VCarve. I created a folder and moved the other PP's in there on mine to get them out of the way.

If you right click within the folder you should have the New option to create a folder. If you don't then, as Tim says, it's almost certainly because you don't have administrator rights with the user you're logged onto Windows with.
Yeah, there are a few folders in there created by V Carve install.. and their contents appear to be in the pulldown list..

01-Misc
02-ShopBot
03-Homag_Weeke
04-Biesse
05-Wrapped

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I have those as well but they don't appear in the drop down list. There does seem to be some crossover between the ones in the top folder and the ones in the those folders so you might be seeing that.

Once you've moved the ones you don't want out of the top level folder and restarted VCarve you should only have the the ones in the top level folder.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: Help!

Post by Mark »

Hello mountaincraft,

As Adrian has mentioned the contents within the sub-folders of the PostP folder,
will not appear in the list of post processors.
The sub-folders are there to hold post processors and notes that not generally
required, but may be of use in special applications.
If one of the folders contains a post of some interest, you would need to copy the
post processor to the top level of the PostP folder in order to get it to appear.

Some of the posts within these folders would overwrite the default post processors,
so some caution is advised.

I hope that this helps..

Cheers,

Mark.