Weeke drilling problem

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
4240harold
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: weeke bhp200

Weeke drilling problem

Post by 4240harold »

Hello
Can anyone give some advice on how to use the Aspire to control the drill block on weeke machine.The problem is when a drill is selected in Aspire and toolpathed,and loaded onto cnc ,the drill cannot be selected from the drill block on the cnc database,we have worked around this by putting a drill into a router tool ,although this works i would prefer to use the drill block.
Harold

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: Weeke drilling problem

Post by Mark »

Hello Harold,

Apologies, you did not mention yesterday that your machine had a drill block,
I assumed that you were using the main spindle.
I am afraid that we do not support drill banks or blocks.
Using your spindle for the drill, is the correct way to go.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

Thanks Mark
This works well and we have got job done.
Harold

Brent C
Model of CNC Machine: Weeke BHC-350 / MulitCam SF48

Post by Brent C »

A dxf output would support all drill block and scoring saw functions. Weeke supplies the dxf post so it does all the leg work and formats the MPR properly. Aspire would simply have to export all tool paths and functions (drills) as geometry with layer names. That geometry with layer names is in itself a complete WoodWop program that requires no manipulation. Yes, It's a 2 step process in that after exporting a dxf out of Aspire you would import it into WoodWop (File>Import>DXF), but after importing it, it is done and it's a full functioning MPR complete with tool change, drill block, and scoring saw functionality. The proper tool number and compensation would already be applied to the tool, the proper drill size and depth (and mode) would already be applied to the drills.

I use this method daily to run our Weeke from AutoCad (for 2D) and Rhino (for 3D) and it's seamless and 100% reliable.

I recently posted about this topic: http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11004

Brent

Brent C
Model of CNC Machine: Weeke BHC-350 / MulitCam SF48

Post by Brent C »

Here's a couple of quick screen shots of a dxf file that contains both router operations and drilling (using the drill block) coming straight into WoodWop...one click.
Attachments
DXF file
DXF file
Same DXF in WoodWop
Same DXF in WoodWop

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

Hello Brent
Thanks for your input ,I do have the weeke software you have mentioned ,I did not realize that it would work for Aspire,I did look at it for importing dxf autocad drawings but I did,nt manage to get my head around it and gave up (then imported into Aspire)
I think this is something I will have to learn as it is currently a bit tedious exporting aspire to the woodwop
thanks again Harold