Menu Disappear

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Menu Disappear

Post by RoutnAbout »

A few times now while using VCW, I've had to minimize the program to the taskbar (approx. 5 - 10 minutes), and when I maximized VCW, the drawing menu on lefts side is still there, but is blank, no icons to select. I can click the tool path button on the right side and closes the drawing menu and back but drawing menu remains blank.
It allows me to save my work. Then when I click on X on right to close that drawing file, open menu and icons on left are there, click on Open existing File, and I get no response. But if i close VCW down and reopen VCW everything is okay.

I've had this happen 3-4 times now... As long as I can save my work... ( i don't have to purchase a new keyboard. :) )

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Don,

What OS are you running - XP, Win 98, Me ?

Tony

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

This info was taken from my Systems Proprties
System:
XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 1

AMD Sempron
2500+
1.40 GHz \ 448 MB of Ram

Display:
1024 x 768
Color Quality:
Highest(32 bit)

The video card is on the mother board.

Don
________
Don

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Don,

I haven't managed to reproduce this yet, so if you have any more feedback on what was happening when the program was minimised that may help to reproduce the problem.

From your description, I would guess that there was a form open and that has closed without refreshing the toolbar tab. I thought I had caught the cases where this happened during development, but it looks as though there are circumstances where it still occurs. If this does happen, using "Edit - Material Size" from the menu bar and then just canceling the dialog will usually force a rebuild of the left toolbar without you having to exit the program.

If you or anyone else can throw in some more hints about what might have been happening when the problem occured that will help enormously in tracking the problem down.

Cheers

Brian

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Post by RoutnAbout »

Brian,

I had all of my vectors imported and done editing. But hadn't saved my work. The drawing tab was selected and open, and the ToolPath tab was closed. I had minimized VCarve Wizard and opened my browser( Firefox 1.5.0.1 ). After closing the browser all of the File Operations, View Control, Create Vectors, and Edit Vectors and their icons were gone. I could open and close the drawing tab, but the icons where gone. I even tried to mouse over that area and nothing was highlighted. If I opened toolpath tab it would open and all of the icons and operations were there and worked.

I only tried the File Save operation ( from the menu at the top of the program ) to save my work. I didn't try any of the other operation from the menu at the top of the program.

I'll try to duplicate this again. And will take a screen shot if it happens.
This hasn't been a big issue Brian. Just was bringing it to your attention, and no I haven't had to purchase a new keyboard :)

Don
________
Don