Vcarve wish list

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rodm1954

Post by rodm1954 »

I'll go with the ramp down suggestion as well. I cut a bit of aluminum and the mill cutters don't like to drive vertically down.
cheers,
Rod

Perth, Western Australia

geneb
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 2006 ShopBot PRT96 Alpha

Another suggestion..

Post by geneb »

Would it be possible ot add the tool information in the comment section of a generated NC file?

tnx!

g.
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

This will sounds like a stupid request but hey looks who's asking for it. How about when you max the VCarve program window it zooms the view of the project too. For example if you open vcp and it's a window smaller then the max rez of your screen. When you hit the full screen button the project stays the same size as when vcp was in window mode. So you always have to hit F6 to get it to zoom to fit.

Sounds small but it'd be a nice touch.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Another change that would be nice is if you could change toolpath names without having to recalculate them. Like if you could do you like you change file names in windows, where you give two slower clicks on the file name and then you can change it right in the toolpath list.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Geraldw
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT

Post by Geraldw »

I would like to see something like the cycle command in autocad, where if you have 2 over lapping object you can cycle thru them. If this is already there let me know where.
Gerald

CNCGG
Vectric Craftsman

Post by CNCGG »

I agree, ramp in and out as well as lead in and out would be nice. I used that feature in Mastercam. Also, spirial enrty for a hole would be nice.

mjc117

Post by mjc117 »

I agree with ramping, all I cut is metal and without ramping it leaves those nasty marks. All my work is aluminum and highly polished so you see every little defect. Also nice to have coolant option.

Great software can't wait for 3.2 or another update the last one was awesome but it's been awhile now.

ike

Markm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Markm »

Brian and Tony
Did I mention Nesting 10 times yet :D . I sure would appreciate that even as an add on to buy

Mark M

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Clipart preview

Post by Phil »

I have a lot of clipart. When I open a folder to import into VCarve I can only view an icon with a file name. Most of my clipart is also in bitmap format as well as vector. (I've usually converted a jpg to an eps). It would be very convenient to be able to preview the clipart in either the jpg or eps before importing into VCarve.

Markm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Markm »

I would second that. That would be very cool but i would go one step further and ask if you could see a preview of the crv file if you have thumb select for folder view option. I know my freind had said that in Artcam you could see the reliefs in Black and white.

Mark M

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Here are issues i run into alot
Longer tool path window or resizeable would be best
Tool Ramping
Manual node entry
Regards
Bart

Markm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Markm »

Brian or Tony,

I was looking at a picture of a sign that someone had cut out and they had some millmarks from where the cutter first plows through the material with the whole mill end. I have had this problem as well. Would it be possible to add a final cut path for the mill end seperate from the V carve bit. For example if I am going to flat bottom depth to .25 inch I would like the v cutter to cut the whole .25 inches deep but the mill and to cut only to .23 on the first pass and then to .25 on a second. I know that I can adjust the amount of drop but I have tried that in some longer signs and when I get to the middle they lift some. I had a solid oak board the other day that lifted and showed the marks until I cut out .045 inches. The V cutting bits do not lift so they do not need the second pass. I right know I gave to generate the 2 tool paths and then remember not to save the shallow v bit one in order to get this. If I could do it in a step that would be delighful, as well as nesting :lol: .

Mark M

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Wemme wrote:Here are issues i run into alot
Longer tool path window or resizeable would be best
Bart
Ditto....

also

Different fill colors for different tool paths.

and

delete the toolpath and the preview for that toolpath goes away as well instead of having to regenerate
the complete set over.

and....
well thats enough for now :D

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Brian and Tony have done such a great job at putting this software together and updating and tweaking to our needs. I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to anyone else besides me , if Vcarve Pro was able to import clipart and then trace and convert it to vectors. Instead of using a few other programs. I use inkscape now but it would be very handy to import, trace, convert, and carve. I know it would be a big project to take on. But if it was there. I think it would be one of the most Complete and close to perfect software packages on the market.

just my ¢¢. (two cents)
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don