Multicam Post Processor with ATC

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Willy

Multicam Post Processor with ATC

Post by Willy »

I have download the trial software and installed. I didn't see any selection for post processor with ATC for Multicam. Is that mean the Vcarve Pro is not compatible for Multicam with ATC?

The machine I have is Multicam MG series.

Thanks

Willy

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Multicam Post Processor with ATC

Post by tmerrill »

Willy,

There are two Multicam post processors in the C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro 5.5\ppost folder that have ATC in the file name. If you find them and open them using any text editor (Windows Notepad for example) you will see near the top the post processor name that actually appears in the drop down window when you are saving a toolpath. Unfortunately these names do not have ATC in them which is where the confusion may be coming from.

If you haven't tried these yet I recommend you give it a go.

If you have and they don't work, or you have other questions don't hesitate to email Vectric at support AT vectric DOT com and they will get you going.

Tim
Attachments
Multicam ATC post processor.JPG
Multicam arc inch ATC Post_Name.JPG

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

willy

tese programs are compatible with all cnc driven router... the toolchanging is specific a little,
very generally, toolchange can be supported, if it is happen on same position...
some machines are has drillbank, or multiple head.. there are not only simply tools are changed, but they have an offset from each other...

that was the reason i did not want to go in details and suggested about toolchanging please send email to vectric.
you can see of the excessive selection of postprocessor, almost all router will work with these programs...

looking trough the forum, the only exception i remember the gerber system,,, due that closed electronic system

so, i really ask kindly, try any of these programs, with aspire you can cut 3d work immediately... of the samples.. even you can try to make new model... and that file you can cut after purchasing... the trial period dont expiring..

as much i saw about multicam on the web and on youtube, they running very fast...

i think no other program gives this option on the market, without buy you can cut real, actual parts..

viktor

Willy

Post by Willy »

Thank you.

Willy

Post by Willy »

I am still waiting for Vectric to get back about upgrade from Cut2D to Vcarve Pro. Look like they are working slow on Monday. My request was on Saturday.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Willy,

Apologies for the delay in replying,
Unfortunately your email did not arrive here until Sunday afternoon.
You should have received your information by now.

I hope that this helps.

Mark.

Willy

Post by Willy »

Thanks, I got the email and I brought the upgrade.

Willy

Boltz
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Boltz »

Hey Willy, I have an MG series (no ATC) and run V-carve Pro.

I love my MG, it's a 4x4 that weighs 5000 Lbs.

-Jim Hart