Christmas pig with 100 lights

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Christmas pig with 100 lights

Post by Phil »

My neighbor does all of her decorating with pig art. She has asked me to cut out a Christmas pig decoration. She wants to mount a string of 100 lights 1 inch inside the perimeter of the pig shape. The shape is approximately 20" x 30"
The profile is pretty easy I have a shape I can work with. The question I have is about spacing the holes for the lights.
How can I locate 100 evenly spaced holes along an irregular shape without spending hours on the drawing?
I have Corel Draw, VCarve and Part Wizard to work with.

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

If some kind of "paste along a curve" wizard tool is available, snapping feature would be the least requirement to do this without spending TOO much time on a such case.

You could visual and zoom in region at a time and copy/paste a hole at at time and placing it at approximately where you want it.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Christmas pig with 100 lights

Post by CRFultz »

Phil wrote:My neighbor does all of her decorating with pig art. She has asked me to cut out a Christmas pig decoration. She wants to mount a string of 100 lights 1 inch inside the perimeter of the pig shape. The shape is approximately 20" x 30"
The profile is pretty easy I have a shape I can work with. The question I have is about spacing the holes for the lights.
How can I locate 100 evenly spaced holes along an irregular shape without spending hours on the drawing?
I have Corel Draw, VCarve and Part Wizard to work with.
Phil if you post a file, I'll do it in AutoCad...measure the perimeter, divide by 100 then space two holes that distance then use copy and OS Snap to positon.....I'm sure there must be a dxf of a pig out there somewhere that she would like.