Problems running CNC Shark Pro Using VISTA

falkenblake

Problems running CNC Shark Pro Using VISTA

Post by falkenblake »

Ok, here we go...Tried earlier today to carve out a project and 3/4 of the way in, it decides to once again forget where its 0,0 is. I'm using to cnc in a metal building so no problem with a signal(using laptop). I turn it to work offline anyway. I also turn everything off on my norton, and run as Administrator on both Vcarve program and the Control Panel. I called next wave automation and talked to a guy who knew only of windows based problems/not vista. But he thought that it might be the size of my sd card not being big enough. It's what came with the shark pro (1gb). I would attach a copy of the crv. file but it only allows for 2mb. The dimensions of project are width(23.875) and height(21.00). Awaiting a call back from Tim, who supposably knows Vista, but this is very aggravating! I also don't have a screen saver on. Everything that I can think of that would cause interference is turned off. ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!

Joe Wolf

Re: Problems running CNC Shark Pro Using VISTA

Post by Joe Wolf »

Hi Falkenblake
I too have Vista and cnc shark pro. i just moved to windows 7 last Saturday, both run great.
I was having the same problem in the middle of a project. I now run the AC adapter to the laptop when ever I am carving, and have all the sleep and saver modes to Never goto sleep when hooked up to AC power. New problem I encountered was if I leave for more than 60 minutes with out moving the mouse, at 60 minutes the shark control panel goes to 0.0.0. even with the router in the middle of the sign. The router is still spinning but the shark stops moving and doesn't know anything or where it self is on the project. Now I always go by and move the mouse a couple of times about every 50 to 55 minutes. This seems to work great now, even for the 3D signs that can take up to 9.5 hours to carve, 22" X 18.5". So far never an issue with the SD card being to small.
I hope this helps
Joe

falkenblake

Post by falkenblake »

Joe, thanks for the post firstly. I too got the windows 7 upgrade but didn't install it due to it saying that it had conflictions. Is it a compatibility issue? Also, I'm right there by the router always, and move the mouse every 10 minutes or so. I always have the laptop connected to AC and have sleep and saver modes to never as well. Our problems sounds similar, I wonder if the control panel IS the issue? Hopefully we'll get more input, as I'm still waiting to talk to Tim at nextwave.
Joe Wolf wrote:Hi Falkenblake
I too have Vista and cnc shark pro. i just moved to windows 7 last Saturday, both run great.
I was having the same problem in the middle of a project. I now run the AC adapter to the laptop when ever I am carving, and have all the sleep and saver modes to Never goto sleep when hooked up to AC power. New problem I encountered was if I leave for more than 60 minutes with out moving the mouse, at 60 minutes the shark control panel goes to 0.0.0. even with the router in the middle of the sign. The router is still spinning but the shark stops moving and doesn't know anything or where it self is on the project. Now I always go by and move the mouse a couple of times about every 50 to 55 minutes. This seems to work great now, even for the 3D signs that can take up to 9.5 hours to carve, 22" X 18.5". So far never an issue with the SD card being to small.
I hope this helps
Joe

falkenblake

Post by falkenblake »

Finally got ahold of Tim at Nextwave, and giving him the problem, he seems to think the sd card might be bad...I'll try it but I'm not convinced that's the problem. After that he abruptly had to go...Gotta love CUSTOMER SERVICE.........
falkenblake wrote:Joe, thanks for the post firstly. I too got the windows 7 upgrade but didn't install it due to it saying that it had conflictions. Is it a compatibility issue? Also, I'm right there by the router always, and move the mouse every 10 minutes or so. I always have the laptop connected to AC and have sleep and saver modes to never as well. Our problems sounds similar, I wonder if the control panel IS the issue? Hopefully we'll get more input, as I'm still waiting to talk to Tim at nextwave.
Joe Wolf wrote:Hi Falkenblake
I hope this helps
Joe

Stickman
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Post by Stickman »

I recognize all these problems. The first real project I tried after I got the machine last summer, a profile cut on an object 12"x3", it was about 3/4 of the way through when the z-axis suddenly plunged down straight through my material into the underlying waste board! Tim Owens sent me a new wiring harness, which seemed to fix the problem, but I still have issues with stalling in mid-project and losing 0,0,0, or repeating lines of text in the wrong place (like over other lines already carved) or suddenly shooting all the way to the end of Y+. The only things I've been able to successfully use this for are very small g-codes, like drilling a straight line of holes for flutes or engraving 8 letter logos in tiny size-6 font. At this point I don't trust it to be more than a glorified drill press, which is far less than why I got it.

The original problem happened on a laptop running Vista; I'm now running the Shark control panel on a tiny notebook computer with Windows XP, internet lock on and no other programs running. I'm currently waiting for a call back from Next Wave Automation ......

falkenblake

Post by falkenblake »

Hey Stickman, give this a try...go out and get a new sd card. I got a 2gb for 14 bucks. I'm not sure that's your problem, but after replacing mine I've done 3 signs 24"x24" without the mysterious 0,0,0 B.S. When I talked to tim, he said that he would send out a replacement card. Just a note if you're strapped for $.
Stickman wrote:I recognize all these problems. The first real project I tried after I got the machine last summer, a profile cut on an object 12"x3", it was about 3/4 of the way through when the z-axis suddenly plunged down straight through my material into the underlying waste board! Tim Owens sent me a new wiring harness, which seemed to fix the problem, but I still have issues with stalling in mid-project and losing 0,0,0, or repeating lines of text in the wrong place (like over other lines already carved) or suddenly shooting all the way to the end of Y+. The only things I've been able to successfully use this for are very small g-codes, like drilling a straight line of holes for flutes or engraving 8 letter logos in tiny size-6 font. At this point I don't trust it to be more than a glorified drill press, which is far less than why I got it.

The original problem happened on a laptop running Vista; I'm now running the Shark control panel on a tiny notebook computer with Windows XP, internet lock on and no other programs running. I'm currently waiting for a call back from Next Wave Automation ......

Joe Wolf

Post by Joe Wolf »

Hi Falkenblake
One quick question, are you able to leave the shark pro carving for more than an hour with out moving the mouse or anything else, while the shark does it's thing?.....and no 0.0.0. on the control panel any more? If so, then I'm on my way to pick up a bigger SD card too. Cheap fix, and no tools needed.
Joe

falkenblake

Post by falkenblake »

Dude, i'm too skiddish to just let it run. About ever 15/20 minutes I go and caress the mouse. B.S. I know, but until i have repeated quality carves i'm not risking it. It would be great for a PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE, but I guess the laymen have to resort to the forum. At least we have that. But try the sd card....let me know if it helps. May
M
Joe Wolf wrote:Hi FalkenblakeMbe then we can get customer service to give a .... about the up and coming. Yeah, I said it!
haJoe
have

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Running a shark pro and vista...... using a 8 gig sd card, have let mine run for hours doing cuts...no problem with PC.
I do keep it isolated from the web while running a cut.