Moderator: Todd Bailey

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

WOW - Design & Carve Series 1 - Wildlife Scenes

Post by calgrdnr »

Opps wrong spot ...
New release Vector Art 3D
You will need to ask James about it. I am tired at this time ... will be loading and running tutorials ASAP
Attachments
New Vectorart 3D with signitures #0001 .jpg

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: WOW

Post by gravirozo »

:-)

this news not on wrong spot on anywhere on the forum...

viktor

Bow4IT

Post by Bow4IT »

Is this for sale ??? I looked on their website and I don't see it there. How many pieces of art are included ? How much is it ?

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

It was introduced at the Vegas show, I am sure they will have it up ASAP.
Its full of wonderful models and 12 of Jame's great tutorials on
how to use / manipulate the models with Aspire.

I will leave the particulars for James to explain, after all he is the expert. :)

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

James, I just viewed the first four videos on the CD, great job with the instructions. As you know I tried doing this some time ago and was able to complete a couple door panels to make a customer happy(but nothing like what you have made available). But the options and selections you offer have my brain spinning in what I want to try first. I'm sure with all that purchase this CD, we will be seeing many eye stopping profiles. This is way past great!!!!!!!!!!!
Buck

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

This is hot off my machine.
This was done using techniques that James explains in the new wildlife 1 software and the models are from there also.
I think it turned out very good. I couldn’t have done this with the videos that James has on the DVD.

Thanks James for the awesome videos.

Rick
Attachments
Standing Bear Trees 2.jpg
Standing Bear Trees 1.jpg

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

Very nice Rick, and No I am embarrased to say I have not cut anything from the new package.
I have a couple of other projects I need to get done first.

again really nice thanks for sharing

jhegel

Post by jhegel »

I got the software Friday, spent some time Saturday watching tutorials, got up Sunday with my new knowledge designed and cut a mountain scene.

The tutorials were great.

Thanks
John
mountain scene 3.jpg

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

My package was waiting for me when I got back from vacation a few days ago. Immediately told the wife she needed to finish unpacking the car - and you know how that worked out.

But I got all that behind me and I've just finished the last tutorial and I am very impressed!!!! You did a great job James!

Not only did I learn new techniques for using Aspire, but the tutorials reinforced the basic Aspire operations as well as added a few new tricks.

Now to make some chips fly...

Tim

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: WOW - Design & Carve Series 1 - Wildlife Scenes

Post by JamesB »

John, Rick, nice looking projects, glad you were able to get some productive use out of the package in such a short amount of time. I am looking forward to seeing others images, if anyone cuts any of the standard parts which are in the package (the projects as I did them) then I would love to see those too.

Cheers,
James

capnl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz Z-1000

Post by capnl »

:evil: :evil: GRRRRRRR #$%^&*(*&*^%$$ :evil: :evil:

UPS came by the office today and left me .......... a delivery notice ............

just at that ONE day I am all day 'out of office'.... can you imagine how I must feel now ???

But !! tomorrow they will try again, I will be in the office (from starting daylight) listening for the bell to ring to rush down to the door and collect my version of the marvelous package like you all have :lol: :lol: I have only seen the advertising PDF and all of your reactions and I already LOVE-IT !!

I guess it will be a loooooooong day tomorrow watching the tutorial-videos and trying-out the different crv-files etc etc
(already got customers who want some of these carvings !! :D :D )

Will let you know my progress

Have fun

John

(singing)
"I'm dreaming of the 'Design & Carve Series 1 - Wildlife Scenes package' .........."
DRW-Holland
CNC-Step S-1000 machine 1000 x 590 x 110 mm
Aspire - VCarve Pro - Photo VCarve - Cut3D

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I guess it will be a loooooooong day tomorrow watching the tutorial-videos and trying-out the different crv-files etc etc
But it will be a great day. The video tutorials alone are worth the price.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

Post by swaggs21 »

I want this so bad, but I think with the house, the wedding, reception, and honeymoon I am going to be able to pull the change together to pick it up.

If only I could find a couple of quick jobs (and the time to do them) to pay for it....
-Chris

The new woodworking site:
http://www.33degreeseastww.com

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Chris,

I would think in your part of the country the wildlife scenes would be as popular as they are here in Western NC. I just visited your website and you do fantastic work. Perhaps you could visit some local high end furniture or craft stores to see what interest the pictures in the .pdf file will generate, and then set up a consignment arrangement.

For example, I didn't have a need for a mantle, but for my first project I used one of the wilderness scenes and made a 4 foot long coat rack. Cutting is in progress and I'll hopefully have pictures by the end of the weekend.

I also have a few custom shops in my area that specialize in mantles. Who knows what interest a visit to them might generate.

Of course, the best situation would be to purchase the package first and take actual samples with you. But a good backup plan would be to take some samples of other items you have carved (so they can see the quality) along with pictures from the .pdf file and explain you're simply doing a market study before you invest. Any business person will understand this.

Some other thoughts I've had as to how to utilize the mantle sized images for other purposes than a mantle include a rustic wall mounted quilt rack, wall mounted holder for that special rifle, door header, plant stand to hold multiple pots, fishing rod holder, etc. It's much easier to come up with ideas for the door sized images, and of course the major purpose of the new software is to teach you how to design your own.

Good luck with this and your upcoming marriage.

Tim

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I sat down and watched every video from beginning to end yesterday. I don't think I've ever learnt so much in one go, even some basic node editing stuff that I thought I knew inside out by now!

Hopefully I'll have some spare time by midweek to have a crack at designing my own and cutting some of the standard ones. My head was spinning with the possibilities of what I can do with my library of clipart now.

Oh, and I'm glad that I've finally found someone who pronounces grass and raster the same way I do. Mind you my wife just thinks there are two weird people rather than one now!