No bugs yet...good coding..

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Dan.H.
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 1325 Intech and 6090 Intech

No bugs yet...good coding..

Post by Dan.H. »

What can I say, WUCIWUG, what you see is what you get with vcarve,I am a long time user of Coreldraw and corel
products,and vcarve is a very good extension of what you can create with it. and my instinc tells me that it will even do
more than I realize at this point..thanks..and good coding guys...Dan H

Dan.H.
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Dan.H. »

Dec. 23, 2005 after using vcarve for this length of time, I have my first injured piece,

The file I was cutting, the settings were: material=12x16 @.75 Bit=vbit 60 deg. .5in. pass depth .2
the file, border with text, converted to curves, with a text graphic in 2 places on file.

the problem: on first pass would go to .5 depth, splintering wood,machine stopped. read file in notepad
depths on first pass all wrong, ran file in preview many times all wrong.

many hours of removing ini.files that may be corrupted and reloading programs to no avail..found problem to be
the graphics from the keyboard..fonts ornamental graphics..removed and file ran fine..

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Dan,

Sorry you had a problem, but if I understand your post correctly, the problem was with vectors from a particular font?

We have made a lot of effort to try and identify problem vectors, but as I'm sure you can imagine this can be a very difficult task. However, if you could send us the file with the problem vectors it would be useful to be able to look at it to see if it is a class of problem we could write some code to identify and at least raise a warning in the future.

Wisshing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Brian

Dan.H.
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Dan.H. »

The best of the season to you Brian, yes it was the font vector that created the problem when inserted into the
main file, it is curious as I have used other vectors from that font without a problem.

The problem font is coreldraw: DF calligraphic_let.font......the lowercase Z...creats a squirrel
and when inserted into larger vector file...on 2 computers here creates a problem.

The result is when passes set at .2 of a in. it carves at .6 in..if set at .1 in. it carves at .47 in..
and in the preview does not remove all material..
I tries to attach the file but it doesn't allow eps.attachments so if you want it to play with
I can send to you direct..Dan.H

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Dan,

Hope you had a good Christmas. I've modified the forum to accept .EPS files but it's probably easiest if you just send it to support@vectric.com and we can have a look.

Cheers
Brian

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The "select open vectors" and "select duplicate vectors" have been life savers for cleaning up other people's dubious logo files. Thanks for putting those features in.