Cribbage Boards

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Cribbage Boards

Post by NSchlee »

LT985 wrote:It's all done with a rattle can, I mask off the outside with the blue painters tape. I have a rattle can of walnut stain, put it on thick wipe off with rag leaving more in the corners of the craving. Then another rattle can of high gloss poly, with a light sanding between coats.
LT, what spray stain are you using? I used to use Deft Walnut Spray Stain for blend staining on walnut, but they quit making it. Have yet to find a good replacement.

Neal

LT985

Post by LT985 »

The rattle cans used on these were - Behr walnut, Minwax poly- high gloss. I tried to find the stain online to show you a link but I can't find it. I don't know how long it's been sitting on the shelf or where I got it. The minwax high gloss I got 2 weeks ago from the home depot. I'll add some photos when I get back into the shop. I share a shop with my brother, it is about a mile from my house and I only go over there when working on something. Between working fulltime on the graveyard shift and working my woodmizer in my spare time I don't get into the shop as much as I would like to. The only bonus is when I do get into the shop the wood is free.

silverlake

Post by silverlake »

You have yourself some very nice looking boards.
I would like the files to boards #1 and #8.
Time to find time to do something for myself .
Thankyou
georgina@silverlakehardwoods.com
Georgina

endgrainguy
Vectric Apprentice

Post by endgrainguy »

These boards are definitely a great use of a CNC. A suggestion for the pin storage is to use a tapered door, that would tighten as it's slid in, cut a little short , so no risk of bottoming out. As long as the tapers of slot and door match, it won't have to be made with absolute precision, which ,over time, due to wood movement, isn't really possible.
I"m still figuring out what to do with my CNC to make up for the 30% of the last year I"ve spent building it and learning to use it! Al Ladd www.alladd.com
I thought this was supposed to make life easier?

sunshinejim
Vectric Craftsman

Post by sunshinejim »

With regard to the pin storage in the bottom of the crib board - I have been experimenting with a "keyhole slot bit". When you do the slot for the door you can set the depth to give yourself a good strong lip and just tell the computer that you are using a 1/8" flat end mill - that will give you a good groove all around the opening and then cut the lid to match the groove. As before just mill a recess to hold the pins. Make sure that you start and end the door slot off your crib board.

crocky
Vectric Craftsman

Post by crocky »

Magic Crib Boards :)

Could I have a copy of the first one please to bobc@ocm.com.au it will give me something to do :)
Cheers,
Bob
Aspire, VCarve Pro, PhotoVCarve
Blog: http://www.ocm.com.au/wordpress/

tamathumper
Vectric Craftsman

Post by tamathumper »

Awesome stuff! :D

May I have the files for 1, 5 and 6?

I can't wait to try out that pin storage idea. Do you make the pins too?
CNC: www.bitcarving.com; Hybrid 4x4, RockCliff, Mach3, Vectric Aspire 2 + Wildlife Scenes 1.

holland1vt

Post by holland1vt »

Would it be possible to get cribbage boards 9 and 10
in DXF format as I have cut2d and cut3d which does not
support CRV format.
Thanks for already making the CRV files available to us.
hollandvt@verizon.net
Ed

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Those are great looking boards ... could have a copy of #1 board. I have a brother-in law in Upper Michigan who is an avid deer hunter. He has a great log cabin camp that they hunt from and this would make an excellent gift that I would like to personalize for him.

Thanks,

Ray

We should set up an on-line cribbage tournament for all who are interested.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Just to let everyone know - the deer in the first board is a Vector Art 3D model. I have PM'd the author of this thread to make sure he knows he should not be sending this part off the design (although I have not heard back from him). The design is part of the clipart that comes with Aspire so if you have Aspire you already have that model so can set it up yourself. If your not an Aspire owner you can buy it from here if you want to use it: http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index. ... l&ID=50052

Thanks,
James

joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Post by joecnc2006 »

JamesB wrote:Just to let everyone know - the deer in the first board is a Vector Art 3D model. I have PM'd the author of this thread to make sure he knows he should not be sending this part off the design (although I have not heard back from him). The design is part of the clipart that comes with Aspire so if you have Aspire you already have that model so can set it up yourself. If your not an Aspire owner you can buy it from here if you want to use it: http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index. ... l&ID=50052

Thanks,
James
Thats a good point if people share files they need to adhere to the copy write of files contained within the design.

LT985

Post by LT985 »

I have not and will not share the files. Those that read this forum know that when asked for the file I didn't share it. I took the time to write a "how to" make it in ten minutes. It can be found here http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4844

Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: prs standard

Post by Hunterland »

Great work on the cribbage boards could I please get the file for the first board that turned out great! Do you just use a end mill for all the holes or a drill bit? A gain great work! thanks Don

jhegel

Post by jhegel »

LT985 wrote:I have not and will not share the files. Those that read this forum know that when asked for the file I didn't share it. I took the time to write a "how to" make it in ten minutes. It can be found here http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4844
Nice work on the tutorial.

It took me about an hour to recreate the "Deer in th Woods board".

It also showed me new and creative ways to use Aspire.

Thanks
John

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Thanks for the files. Nice work