Array Copy Toolpath with Moulding Toolpath

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Array Copy Toolpath with Moulding Toolpath

Post by gkas »

The Array Copy Toolpath is available with Vcarve Pro and Aspire (Cut 3D Pro?). While answering another question, I discovered that it can also be used with 3D toolpathing AND Moulding Toolpaths. :shock: When using Moulding Toolpaths, it has always irked me that you needed to copy the moulding toolpath for every new instance of a part. If you wanted 3 parts, you needed for each part to have it's own Moulding Toolpath. What a pain in the butt... Now I can put the moulding toolpath and the cutout toolpath in the same Array Copy Toolpath and easily make multiple parts. How long has that been possible? :roll: SUPER!!

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Array Copy Toolpath with Moulding Toolpath

Post by highpockets »

Good tip Gerry....
John
Maker of Chips

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Actually, you don't need to copy the moulding toolpath for each part. When you're setting up the toolpath, just shift-select all the rails, then shift-select the profile as the last vector. It will create one moulding toolpath that includes all the parts you selected. When I'm creating sheets of cabinet doors, I put the rails and the profile vector in one layer so that I can turn off all the other layers and easily select just the moulding toolpath vectors with a couple of clicks. I end up with one moulding toolpath per sheet of doors.

This allows you to have one moulding toolpath that includes many parts with different shapes and sizes.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Great.... thanks..

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

gkas wrote:The Array Copy Toolpath is available with Vcarve Pro and Aspire (Cut 3D Pro?). While answering another question, I discovered that it can also be used with 3D toolpathing AND Moulding Toolpaths. :shock: When using Moulding Toolpaths, it has always irked me that you needed to copy the moulding toolpath for every new instance of a part. If you wanted 3 parts, you needed for each part to have it's own Moulding Toolpath. What a pain in the butt... Now I can put the moulding toolpath and the cutout toolpath in the same Array Copy Toolpath and easily make multiple parts. How long has that been possible? :roll: SUPER!!

Super Cool Tip!
Thanks,
Jim