Need help adding fonts

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Sefferdog
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Need help adding fonts

Post by Sefferdog »

I have Vcarve Desktop and in the past I have not had any problem adding fonts. I download them, install into my windows font folder, and they show up in the program.

Today I have downloaded three different fonts and none of them have showed up in Vcarve. I have verified that they have properly installed into windows, and can access them from other programs like Photoshop and MS Word. I have tried on both my laptop and desktop computers, and I get the same results on both. I have tried searching the web, and this forum, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Need help adding fonts

Post by highpockets »

Basic question, did you restart VCP?
John
Maker of Chips

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

My fault for not adding that in the description of the problem, but yes. I restarted both the program and windows a couple of times. I have also insured I have the latest Windows updates, as well as the latest Vcarve updates.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Is it possible that you are looking in the Single Line font list instead of the True Type font list? Make sure you have selected True Type Fonts.
SingleLine.PNG
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

No, I was not in single line font. I verified that I was in true type. I have never has a problem before. I am not sure if it is a result of the latest Vectric upgrade or the latest Windows update. I do appreciate your suggestion though. I may uninstall/reinstall Vcarve and see what happens.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Added a couple of fonts this morning and they showed up fine. That's with the very latest version of Aspire/VCarve and up to date Windows 10.

Are you sure you're looking in the right place in the list? With a lot of fonts the actual name they display as often isn't the same as the advertised font name.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Open the Windows explorer and navigate to "C:\windows\fonts" and see it they are listed there. That's where Windows keeps the fonts unless you have installed Windows in a different/non-standard location.
Steve

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

Open the Windows explorer and navigate to "C:\windows\fonts" and see it they are listed there. That's where Windows keeps the fonts unless you have installed Windows in a different/non-standard location.
I've already done this, and they are there. I can access them in my other programs - Photoshop, MS Word, etc.

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

Adrian wrote:Added a couple of fonts this morning and they showed up fine. That's with the very latest version of Aspire/VCarve and up to date Windows 10.

Are you sure you're looking in the right place in the list? With a lot of fonts the actual name they display as often isn't the same as the advertised font name.
Yes, I thought the same thing, but I can see them in other programs, so I know I am looking for the proper names. I will whittle away on it some more here in a bit. Thank you for your help!!

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Long shot...try re-installing those fonts “As Administrator”
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

I may be on to something. I tried three calligraphy fonts from DaFont yesterday, and neither showed up. I just went to 1001 Free Fonts and everything I downloaded and installed showed up. Went back to DaFont and downloaded some non-calligraphy fonts and they all showed up. Got a few more calligraphy fonts and about 1/4 show up. Seems to be something with certain calligraphy fonts at DaFont.

Here is one that would not show up - Flashback2 https://www.dafont.com/flashback-2.font

Can someone please give that font a try and see if you can get it tom come up in Vcarve? Thank you, and thank everyone for their help!!!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It installed correctly for me. However I notice it starts with a lowercase f. For versions of VCarve prior to 10.014 (the latest) fonts with lowercase names will appear at the end of the list rather than in the place you would expect alphabetically. That is corrected in 10.014 which you can update to via Check for Updates on the Help menu.

Sefferdog

Post by Sefferdog »

Adrian wrote:It installed correctly for me. However I notice it starts with a lowercase f. For versions of VCarve prior to 10.014 (the latest) fonts with lowercase names will appear at the end of the list rather than in the place you would expect alphabetically. That is corrected in 10.014 which you can update to via Check for Updates on the Help menu.
Thank you so kindly. That did it. I had just upgraded to 10.012 and din't know there was another update. 10.014 fixed me right up! Thank you, and have a great day!