VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

Post by scottp55 »

Thanks Adrian...That may be it?
Looks like a database from the control computer(always the most recent) to thumbdrive is in my plans today :(
May hold off a day on my control computer so I can play, and just get this tower and laptop up for playing and getting used to new features.
Appreciated Adrian!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Post by EdwardP »

Hi Scott,

I'm really glad you took the plunge - but Adrian is right SBE does not support this feature - I think we can still get your tool database (db) back up an running really fast. You can simply import any previous tool database (including from SBE) using the 'Import a tool database' option - see attached piccie - given that it sounds like you currently have 3 versions on your different machines, you will need to decide which one is your 'master' db to start with though!

Once you have your db imported you can use the profile icon at the top of the db window to connect to your V&Co account. Once connected you can 'push' or 'pull' your database to the cloud.
Tool database showing import button at the bottom and V&Co connect at the top.
Tool database showing import button at the bottom and V&Co connect at the top.
You can then 'pull' the online db back down onto the two other computers as soon as you have installed V10 on them. I hope that you can see that this should make keeping your db up-to-date in several places significantly *easier* than in previous versions.

There is a video on the new tool db here for more in-depth information: https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... ral_Topics

Can I ask that we spin up a new threads on the forum to continue discussion on specific topics like this please Scott? Otherwise that this thread is going to get very wayward and off the original topic? Alternatively, if you really have a support problem (something that appears specific to you) can you drop us a line at support@vectric.com so we can ensure it is handled effectively?

Many thanks,

E

scottp55
Vectric Wizard

Post by scottp55 »

Thanks Edward!
Will do that for this tower and laptop(control computer never touches the 'net).
Sorry for cluttering the thread :oops:
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Post by ken whiklo »

I bought the software version 9 on December 6 2018. I am not eligible for a free upgrade because the supplier I bought it from bought a number of software packages to resell in August 2018. Does this seem fair? The software could sit on the shelf for a year before it is sold. How is that the end users responsibility? The install date should be the date used to determine the eligibility.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

ken whiklo wrote:I bought the software version 9 on December 6 2018. I am not eligible for a free upgrade because the supplier I bought it from bought a number of software packages to resell in August 2018. Does this seem fair? The software could sit on the shelf for a year before it is sold. How is that the end users responsibility? The install date should be the date used to determine the eligibility.
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your comment.

We don't use the supplier purchase date to determine upgrade eligibility, where possible we will always use the date that the software is purchased from the supplier, however we understand mistakes can happen.

Please can you email support@vectric.com and attach a copy of your purchase receipt so that I can look into this for you.

Thanks
Stephanie

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Not sure if this is a goof/bug or not, but I've received an email from Vectric telling me that my free update to V10 is waiting in my portal. My portal, however, does not agree. To my knowledge I am not entitled to the free upgrade since it has been more than 4 months since I upgraded to Aspire 9.5, and that was a free upgrade from 9.0.

4D

IronHeart
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC 1100

Post by IronHeart »

Received an email that says I'm entitled to a free upgrade from V9.5 to V10. Click on the link, but, no free upgrade download is provided. Only a purchase option.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

KR
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-09-12 20.53.33.png

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi All,

It looks like we had an issue with sending some people free upgrade emails when they should have received the paid emails. We can only apologize for the confusion caused by these. We will hopefully issue an email to those people who incorrectly received the wrong message just to clarify and apologize again.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention
Adam

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

AdamJ wrote:Hi All,

It looks like we had an issue with sending some people free upgrade emails when they should have received the paid emails. We can only apologize for the confusion caused by these. We will hopefully issue an email to those people who incorrectly received the wrong message just to clarify and apologize again.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention
Adam
I received the same exact information as IronHeart so I'm a bit confused as well. Hopefully the explanation email will arrive soon.
Attachments
vectric1.PNG
vectric2.PNG
--------------
Dave

ken whiklo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CWI Professor 2.2

Post by ken whiklo »

Stephanie Downing wrote:
ken whiklo wrote:I bought the software version 9 on December 6 2018. I am not eligible for a free upgrade because the supplier I bought it from bought a number of software packages to resell in August 2018. Does this seem fair? The software could sit on the shelf for a year before it is sold. How is that the end users responsibility? The install date should be the date used to determine the eligibility.
Hi Ken,

We don't use the supplier purchase date to determine upgrade eligibility, where possible we will always use the date that the software is purchased from the supplier, however we understand mistakes can happen.

Please can you email support@vectric.com and attach a copy of your purchase receipt so that I can look into this for you.

Thanks
Stephanie
Sent the copy of my invoice yesterday. I received a email this morning that my v10 was available free. However when I go to the portal it is not.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

ken whiklo wrote:
Stephanie Downing wrote:
Hi Ken,

Thanks
Stephanie
Sent the copy of my invoice yesterday. I received a email this morning that my v10 was available free. However when I go to the portal it is not.
Hi Ken,

Hopefully you have received my response from our support email address. I believe I have sorted out any of the problems you were having.

Sorry for the confusion on this.

Thanks
Stephanie

Jim_Nestor
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Jim_Nestor »

I too got the free upgrade notice, got excited and ready to install, and then got the opps, sorry notice. Hmmmm Friday the 13th. I will upgrade anyway, money well spent. Vectric, can you throw us a bone :roll:
Jim

gearheadscott
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Re: VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now! - Bug

Post by gearheadscott »

Just upgraded to Vcarve Pro v10 and I'm noticing that the renderings when previewing a toolpath are of very low quality and inconsistent. I did a comparison with the same file and toolpath in 9.5 and 10 and the rendering in 9.5 is of much higher quality.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks, Scott
Attachments
Version 9.5 Preview.png
Version 10 Preview.png

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Re: VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now! - Bug

Post by fretsman68 »

gearheadscott wrote:Just upgraded to Vcarve Pro v10 and I'm noticing that the renderings when previewing a toolpath are of very low quality and inconsistent. I did a comparison with the same file and toolpath in 9.5 and 10 and the rendering in 9.5 is of much higher quality.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks, Scott
I don't work for vectric but you may want to check your preview simulation quality settings. It's under the "Toothpaths" heading in the upper left main menu. Then go down to preview simulation quality and check what you have it set on.
--------------
Dave

scottp55
Vectric Wizard

Post by scottp55 »

Have you reset Toolpath Simulation Quality to the same as VCP9.518?
Dave beat me to it :D
scott
R.N.